Y6B no take-off power

As discussed on the wall, here is the dataflash log for my newly built Y6B.

I tried the auto analysis in MP and it seems to be saying:

Test: Thrust = FAIL - Avg climb rate 1.99 cm/s for throttle avg 850

The Y6B is using 10" props; the latest 3.2 beta; I chose the Y6B params file; it has the new 6000mAh 4S batter; Tarot with GoPro 3+ Black; 3DR FPV kit.

It was my first take-off attempt.

I had done a full calibration and ESC calibration in the past but on earlier firmware. 

So perhaps the ESC need recalibrating?

14-11-09_16-59-12.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi meavdev,

Just a thought, but these are classic (prop) installation indications.

Just make sure all props are rotating the right direction, are on the correct motor and are not upside down.

You probably already know this, but if any of those situations are true, the copter will not get off the ground (very fast anyway) and current draw can be very high.

Best Regards,

Gary 

• INIL88C.png I'll bet one of those scenarios is the problem.

• OK I'll check the rotation again, but the writing on the props are all visible so looking from above they are all SFP and looking from below they are all SF, which I believe is correct?

I don't have TLOG as the telemetry was playing up again...

• Just did a quick visual check, before work. All the top motors are rotating clockwise, when looking from above, and the bottom motors all appear to be anti clockwise.

I didn't detect any temperature but it was a ground run without props...

What is the best way to analyse this?

Thanks for your help!

• Ah OK - embarrassed mode on...

I hadn't read the instructions about the bottom props closely enough, and so the writing was at the ground not the sky... amazing what a difference it make when you get them the right way up, as I just did a quick test at coffee break ;)

Flying much better and no battery warnings!

Thanks and sorry to waste people's time with a newbee mistake :(

• Flying well now :

Successful Flight Test Video

• Excellent, makes me miss flying my Y6B....need to get it back together. 

Beautiful view of the countryside, wherever you may be.

• It's Devon on the edge of Dartmoor in the UK, on a rare day without strong winds, unlike today ;)

• Such a good day today, so I took my Y6B for a walk (in my new LowePro bag) and got some good video:

Y6B over Dartmoor

• I will look at your log this evening.  I would say that I ran into that same problem once before and calibrating ESCs fixed the problem.  Look at your log and under RCOU you have up to 8 channels which are the PWM measurements for each motor up to 8 motors.  If your PWM is low, you should be able to see it there.

This reply was deleted.