While hovering I noticed all motors shut down few times and started again after about 1sec.  I power AP board, Reciver and Roll/Pitch servos  separately from different ESC BEC (with common GND only). There shouldn't appear brown outs. So what's the reason? [APM CPU 2560,  soft v2.5].     Could it have something to do with bad Yaw and Throttle PID settings?  

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the same problem.  After I loaded the latest firmware 2.5 i have the same problem.  It cuts all motors for a split second, enough that i had a hard landing and broke 3 props and landing gear.  I'm as well using an old APM 1280.

• your motors used hall sensor?or other?

maybe the problem is your motor driver.

• 3D Robotics

Are you using Xbees or 3DR radios? We've seen interference from Xbees cause throttle cutouts before (solved by moving the Xbee further away)

• Developer

low battery ESC failsafe cutoff? Has happened to me. Basically, in a plane the engine would start cutting out, making ti obvious from the ground that you're about to run out of battery. WIth a plane that glides, that's not a bad idea... with a helicopter, not so good. So the ESC has a voltage cutoff perhaps. if it is programmable you can also set whether it cuts engines at high/medium/low voltage to make it more or less sensitive. 

So, possibly just need to charge your LiPo?

• Motor holiday.

• Developer

You really need to double check the wires from the radio. This will certainly cause the situation. I've personally seen motors act this way because of a broken RC cable. The cable will break right at the back of the crimp connector where all the stress is. The plastic will hold the wires together, but the vibrations will cause the drop outs.

Jason

• Might be a bad connection, check telemetry logs to see if something interesting there.

This reply was deleted.