Hi All,

I have this quad APM 2.5 running 3.10. It was running very well until it rolled to the right and crashed..

It happened when it was in Loiter mode when it suddenly rolled to the right and crashed, This Quad was running very well before, I was doing very well, in Loiter, ALT-Hold, Loiter-turn, flight-plan. I replaced the motors and ESCs just to make sure that it does not happen again, but it still doing the same thing.I'm running out of idea what to check anymore. 

Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.

Here I'm attaching the log from the short flight when the trouble started at line 1800.

Regards

Andi

2014-04-01 17-36-31.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think it has to do with the new GPS checking and if out of a range while in loiter or other GPS mode you will get what you just experienced (I got the same). I think the new release has it default to ALT_HOLD. Then I'm not the expert...

• Thanks Mike. That's what I thought, but the log said the gps worked fine.

Andi

• Perhaps a Hdoop very hight up to 2

• Hi Cala,

What did you mean by Hdoop very high? Was it on the log?

Thanks

Andi

• Yes, in GPS

• Please check your log. Your Nsats (more than 7) and Hdop(below 2) are good.  However, your Magnetic interference on the Z axis i.e., MagZ is rather high...335 up to 367. Since your motors and esc's are new, you might want to elevate your APM board a little bit and do compassmot. Enjoy.

• Will, thanks a lot. I moved the escs far from the fc, I think it did the trick. Just had a very short flight today, it didnt have the problem anymore. Wil do some more flight tomorrow, hope that was the problem. I will report back.

Thanks again. 

Andi

• Out of curiosity, did you do compassmot? Common causes of loiter problem is magnetic interference from esc's, motors and other devices.

• No, this time I didn't do compassmot? but it happened again today in stabilize mode.

I will try to do that tomorrow.

Thanks

• Have you tried reloading the firmware with the right quad configuration?

It happened once to me to somehow load the wrong configuration + instead of x, and the damn thing kept flipping.

I've found out that I had the wrong config and reloaded the firmware with double precautions to not make the same mistake, and it came back life.

I hope it helps.

This reply was deleted.