Dear

i am a beginner i have set up each and every thing but when i armed my quad copter . motor no 1 satrt spining after 50% throttle whereas other 3 motors does not start spin  but when i move my pitch than one of my motor start spinning too but my other two motors were not spinning .yet....than i connect my apm through usb and set the pre arm check to 0 . but nothing happen and my motor spin arm is set to 70 and one thing is that when i trim my throttle alll the way down from my TX than its arming other wise not arming . plzz tell me what the problem is 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MR60

It is normal for the ship to not allow you to arm after a "normal" period of time.

- If the ship is moved or sats or surrounding buildings/walls (natural or man made) or weather varies, GPS lock can vary with time from quite fast to what seems like forever

- If near electrical power or a ferrous object buried or ... the mag might give an error that needs to be cleared

- it's rare to see a barometer error

If flying manual, then those types of errors might not matter.  You can disable those types of pre-flight checks in Mission Planner.

But if using

- position hold, loiter, auto, or RTL, then GPS lock is needed.

- if using simple or easy variants of flight modes or auto camera-type pointing, then mag is needed

On large ships with big batteries and motors, mag issues are extremely difficult to avoid and the normal "what is bad" rules do not apply.

• MR60

and the third reason, being the AHRS values for roll and pitch

the only thing you need to check before takeoff when the props act suspicious is.

- apply a very small pitch forward to confirm that the ship begins to move to nose down

- do the reverse to confirm nose up

- apply a very small roll right to confirm that the left side rises

- apply a very small roll left to ...

If the ship passes, then you are probably good to fly.  But before doing that, do what Shivam suggests ... ensure that the radio trims are centered.  Then if the battery has a fixed location (impact on ship balance), change the AHRS values to reduce the need for adjusting trim during flight.

Shivam Gupta said:

Ok, I got it

Stopping of motors is not a problem, motors usually stop spinning and disarm after a fixed time period, if the vehicle is on the ground at the level surface. 

Now, the thing is, if two motors are spinning slowly at ARMED condition, then that means either your vehicle is placed at any unlevelled surface, which is why it may be  experiencing some roll or pitch, so to compensate that, two of the motors have run slowly OR there might be some small value of roll/pitch signal input from ur transmitter (maybe trim is not at centre).

APM 2.8 Armed (solid Red LED) but motors spinning slow
    Dear i am a beginner i have set up each and every thing but when i armed my quad copter . motor no 1 satrt spining after 50% throttle whereas other 3…
  • Arey yaar, trims centre par rakh, fir RC CALIBRATION kar, then arming disarming try kar. Or trims bilkul b mat change kario kbi b. Or esc Calibration b kar lio rc calibration k Baad.
  • yes you are right when i am triming my throttle all the way down  and yaw trimm all the way left than APM is arming easily other wise not arming....

but as you previously said that i should radio callibration while all the trim must be in centere and i did as direct me after the calibration apm was arming after so many try of pattern (throttle down and than bottom left).

than i did again radio callibration but it wont arming at trim in center than 

when i am triming my throttle all the way down  and yaw trimm all the way left than APM is arming easily other wise not arming....

and one thing is that i was unable to go in APM'S ESC callibration mode (red and blue led blink) but after setting my throttle trimm all the way up than i was able to enter in esc calibration mode..

plzz tell why this is happeing and where  should i place my trim stick

• Ok, I got it

Stopping of motors is not a problem, motors usually stop spinning and disarm after a fixed time period, if the vehicle is on the ground at the level surface. 

Now, the thing is, if two motors are spinning slowly at ARMED condition, then that means either your vehicle is placed at any unlevelled surface, which is why it may be  experiencing some roll or pitch, so to compensate that, two of the motors have run slowly OR there might be some small value of roll/pitch signal input from ur transmitter (maybe trim is not at centre).

• see the picture of mt TX and there you can see that there are switches for (AIleron,Elivator,Throttle,Ruddle)

and throttle switch is down which means it is reverse.. i  did this becasuse when throttle swich is on normal in the Radio callibration when i move my throtle to up than green bar goes to down(minimmum value) but when i move my throttle down than green bar of throttle (in radio callibration) move to maximum value.....but as i reverse the throttle than

throttle up = green bar to max value  and throttle down = green bar to minimum value

my motors are moving togather but two motors are moving  little bit faster than other two motors. and APM is arming after so many try of pattern( throttle down and than bottom  right) . and some time it disarmed immediately , plzz help me

39032443_276360139841032_4865174691884564480_n.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702439905?profile=original
  • What do you mean Throttle is reverse?

• I am using APM 2.8 with three Simonk (30A, 5v, 2A ESC BEC) and one mystery (5v 3A ESC BEC) and let me tell you that i am powering my APM using ESC (with jp1 connected) i am not using Power Module.

after callibration.motor are starting at same throttle but the problem is that some time apm arm easily through pattern (down throttle than bottom left) )but some time apm require so many try of pattern and 2 or 3 times restart of APM to Arm.

and one thing is that i am usingturnigy 7 channel TX and i am using mode 2 and throttle is reverse. 

• MR60

What brand is your flight controller?

What brand of ESCs are you using?

It is odd that your AHRS values are so skewed.  That would explain motors stopping, but not disarming.

Do you understand the difference between disarm and motor stopping?  The Flight Controller commonly stops a motor when it is on the floor or starting up, but I've never seen one to disarm without Mission Planner or Radio Input command.

If you are using the term "Disarm" to mean motor stopping, then everything you have been saying makes sense.

- If the FCU thinks that motor A is too high in attitude (relative to its opposing motor C), that motor will stop

- If the FCU thinks that motor B and C are too high in attitude, those motors will stop (this is correct and expected)

Note the word thinks.

- The ship can be perfectly level but the FCU might be tilted relative to the motors

- The ship and FCU can be perfectly level, but AHRS roll and pitch have offsets that make the FCU think its not level

• Dear when i calibrate my radio while all trim stick were in centered and after than i  calibarated my ESC and as i arm my apm. motor starts spinning at the same throttle but after moving throttle up and down two or three times my APM is disarming automatically. but when i am arming my apm using mission planner every thing is good and its not auto disarming.  why its happening i am showing you my screen shots may be you find some thing fishy. and once again thanks for your kind reply ...

Forrest Frantz said:

In Mission Planner under Initial Setup, Optional, did you go to the Test Motor tab and confirm that all four motors work and are spinning the correct direction (you can do this without the radio/Tx)?

Once that is done, try to spin the motors under Radio control.  Arm. Throttle up (without props).  Go to Mission Planner Flight Data tab to see what errors are being generated while trying to arm.

Untitled.png

dasdas.png

asdasasa.png

APM 2.8 Armed (solid Red LED) but motors spinning slow
    Dear i am a beginner i have set up each and every thing but when i armed my quad copter . motor no 1 satrt spining after 50% throttle whereas other 3…
This reply was deleted.