APM 3.1.5 Hex Motor 6 not Starting

So, I'm building a new hex.  Got it all wired up, programmed the esc's, did all the calibration stuff.  Motor 6 won't start on the APM.  Feels like the brake is on.  

Connected that motor directly to the ch3 of an RX and it works just fine.  Back to the APM board, and its locked up.  All other 5 spin fine.  

When I swap motor #6 signal wire to another channel, the same motor still won't spin, even on APM output #5...

I'm a little lost.  The motor and esc seem fine connected directly to a receiver, but when connected to the APM, it won't turn no matter what output it is plugged into on the APM.  Any ideas or other tests I could do?  I've reloaded the firmware, started from scratch, used a different APM.....

Tarot 4114 310kv motors, 15x5 cf props, 6s turnigy opto 45a escs, 6s 5000 batteries (x2), APM 2.5..

Thanks,

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Anyone have any ideas?  It looks like that esc is not responding to the throttle signal from the apm...  No matter what port I plug it into (1-6)  but it responds to a rx signal just fine...  I tried lowering the rc_speed rate and no change either...  

please help!!????  thanks :)

• Thanks, I tried that a few times.  it works fine when not connected to the apm...

• T3
    I had a similar problem on my Y6. I did another ESC calibration and that fixed it for me.
This reply was deleted.