APM2 and Mac OS X USB Drivers?

My APM2 works fine connecting to windows and linux systems. I can read and write data to the serial port just fine. But, when I connect it to a machine running Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.8, it doesn't work properly.The Arduino Mega 2560 device appears, and there is a /dev/tty.. port created. My code can open the port. On Windows and on linux (these are virtual machines running on my Mac using VMWare Fusion), data can then be read from and written to the port, but on Mac OS X, no data ever seems to arrive at the destination.I see the same problem running my own code, and also with QGroundControl.Any other Mac users out there seeing similar problems?-steve

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Running MacBook Pro 10.6.8 no drivers were required.

Just plugged in the USB, hit cancel on the Network interface prompt and started a Serial Comms tool to and I am into the CLI straight away.

I did have to try a few different comms tools before I found one that works correctly.

So no problems on the MacOSX side as far as CLI and serial on USB, just wish the MP would run natively and all would be well in the world.

• Yep, I see the same issue.  In fact, on my MacBook Pro running 10.8.2 the /dev/tty port gets deleted after about 10 seconds.  PITA.

• I just acquired a MacBook Air.. hope one day i can run my APM2 on it

regards

ramesh tahlan

This reply was deleted.