Cant program my APM 2 with mission planner

Hey guys, i am new here.  i bought an APM2 back in June but due to a home remodel i am just now getting to it.

I have the mission planner installed now on 2 PC's now.  I plug the USB cable into the APM2 and try to connect. nothing. it wont connect.  says something about mavlink.  I am not using radios, just a usb cable.  Dying to fly.  what do i need to do?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The APM2 boards I got earlier this year came with Mavlink 0.9, the new Mission Planner uses Mavlink 1.0 exclusively. You may need to run Mission Planner with Mavlink 0.9, update the APM2 firmware to the latest version (2.8.1, which uses Mavlink 1.0), and then switch to the latest version of Mission Planner with Mavlink 1.0.

• Chris, you are a correct. I don't have another cable tonight but I read the writing on the cable I am using and it says For Charging Only. Doh! I will have to get a cable tomorrow
  • Ok. A little more info.
    I have now attempted to instal the mission planner on 3 pc's. on the first 2 ( windows 7 and vista machines) during install it was given another window that said it was going to install the ardupilot port on the pc. After connecting the apm2 to the pc I do not get a driver install notice. When I go into my device manager I do not see any ports in the USB area that are for the arduino and it shows nothing connected. When I installed it on my xp machine it did not give me the arguing port set up windo. Pretty lost at this point.
    On the ardupilot I get a blue light on the GPS that starts out blinking then goes solid blue.
    I have a solid green light and then I have alternating lights c and a are on together and then they go off and b comes on alternating
  • Make sure you have the correct COM port selected. Top right hand side of MP.

More info would help. Example, do you get lights on the APM? Error messages?

Randy

• Hey Brian,
    Did you download the appropriate firmware for your vehicle? You have to do that before you get into any of the other programming functions.

Cheers!
  • Hi,

Check here: AC2Installation

/Benny

This reply was deleted.