Compassmot Results

I did the compassmot calibration and at full throttle I keep getting 38%.  I know it is in the low range of the gray area.  I should be okay per compassmot, correct?  All of my other calibrations look good.

Thanks. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi all,

I just upgraded to 3.0.1. Mine is an APM2. I do not have any current sensor. Frame is F450, using the stock PDB. APM2 sits on the upper board. 4s4000 lipo is strapped under the bottom board.

Well I did the compassmot, and repeated a few times with different max throttle settings for 5 seconds before chopping down. What was surprising and worrying to me is that the interference percent varies according to the max throttle value used. Here are my results:

throttle from 853 => 51%

throttle from 696 => 40%

throttle from 613 => 33%

throttle from 553 => 27%

Anyone else observe this problem?

apm-compassmot.txt

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692817851?profile=original
  • Jesus I have got mine down to 9% and my god is it amazing to fly. Everything works so well. Loiter perfect auto PERFECT. Everything is amazing now. Shocked how amazing this thing is!!!!!

Heres how I got 9%

20130823_124253.jpg

• Is this a good result?

Just finished my HAL hex rebuild after my crash.

3692797774?profile=original

• I did this also yesterday and was really high 70% range

what I did was use a strip of aluminum foil tape under the apm on the platform
    a little larger than the apm in it's case by 5mm or so

and the next reading I achieved was 11%

• For now, I never got better results than 39% following the procedure of compassmot strictly.

Copter flies well, atleast decently well without any tuning yet.

I think it is a good score, stick with it!

This reply was deleted.