Dead USB port on APM 2.0 board

I have an APM 2.0 board that has a bad USB port on it.. I cannot connect in mission planner to update firmware or configure the board. However, the board still functions as a controller with its current settings. Is there an alternative way to update the firmware and change the configuration?Thanks in advance,Anthony

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hopefully I can resurrect this old thread... I believe I an having the same problem. I was able to program my APM 2.0, then I took it off the quad to put it on a different one. While completely disconnected from the quad I tried to plug it into my computer with the USB cable. The USB will power the APM, but it won't connect. The com port doesn't show up and the mission planner times out trying to connect. I've tried 3 different cables and 2 different computers... Any advise would be appreciated.

• Ran into same problem. Do you have anything connected to A10 & or A11?
    Try disconnecting servo connections cables from that side of the APM.
  • Found it ....

Bootloader

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1815649

Code

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1884385#post24883996

the pins and directions are the same even though they reference arduflyer

any links to the code should be changed to reference the version you are using or want

RC Groups
    RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums,…
  • you could also try to connect a temporary usb cable to the correct pins on the board and bypass the connector itself

or you can flash it using its ftdi pins, theres lots of info on that in the manual

looking for the right link for you

• Is the board powered when you plug USB cable? If so I have the same issue for a long time. Try to move a little bit the cable. Mine is working for some positions and is not for others. I assume microUSB is not a robust port after all.

This reply was deleted.