Gimbal setup APM 2.6

I have read about camera gimbal setup in user guide but still confused. Using tarot gimbal.

With APM 2.6 using 3.2.1 firmware I think I can have pass thru + in ROI tilt control via APM.

I don't see in MP a setup for RC6,RC7 or RC8 for gimbal.  I do see camera trigger. I will be using Radio 8 (under Radio Calib) for control. Under Camera gimbal (tilt) RC9 (A0) then A0 would go to gimbal tilt input and set "Input Ch" to RC8 ???????? Any help would be nice !

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Following the instructions on the wiki here should work.  I wrote them and verified they work.

The problem with bypassing the APM (as David suggests) is that the ROI won't work during missions or when an ROI command is sent from the GCS.

• Thanks Randy ! So when not in ROI will the tilt be adjustable via the TX when set up this way ? Will PW from TX pass thru to A0 ? That would mean you would have both TX control and ROI control.

• Developer

@WCP,

Yes, if setup like it says on the wiki, the ROI from missions or GCS will work and you can control the gimbal tilt with the ch6 tuning knob.

• From   http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-optional-hardware/common-ca...

I have Tarot setup as above using APM 2.6 connected to RC9/A9. From MP using RC9-RC6 under gimbal setup I can not get tilt via TX .  Is their any other settings I might have over looked ?

• WPC...I have a Tarot 2D gimble too.

I have opted to go the direct route and use the onboard controller and only use one of my transmitter channels to control the tilt directly. No APM throughput. Seems to work fine and I have configured the initial tilt angle and the rate in the Tarot config software too.

• Thanks....so APM has no pass thru ?  What is your wiring and setup in MP ?

This reply was deleted.