Pixhack, x8r, taranis or esc issue?

Hi guys im so sorry about im very newbie about this but i want learn more and solve my issue.

My goal to make this bird can fly, everything about ur advice its very helpful.

i have some issue on my quadcopter, im already make thread before on PX4 and Pixhawk Hardware, but not found what the main issue.

however my experience just flying cx20 open source for 8 month and now i build my first quadcopter, im so sorry about idiot guy like me.

Frame : s500 + PCB Hobbyking

FC : Cuav Pixhack newer version

ESC : Xrotor 20a Hobbywing

Motor : T-Motor mt2216 800kv

Propeller : Apc Prop 11x4.7 SF and SFP

GPS/Compass : Cuav m8n 

Transmitter and Reciever : x8r with taranis x9d plus ( i bought this second )

Ubec from Hobbywing 

Battery 3s 3000mAH

my Auw with battery : 1.5KG

i have gimbal and gopro but not installed

AUW with gimbal, gopro and battery : 1,82Kg

My issue is, when i thorttle up the motor was increasing itself and power is higher ( Maybe this normal ).

On Mission Planner i try motor test

A is Front Right (Normal)

B is Back Right (Normal)

C is Back Left (Make C and D Spinning together even i swap esc or motor )

D is Front Left ( Same as C is make C and D Spinning together even i swap esc or motor)

please check my video about motor test issue.

https://youtu.be/uS3Jfrdvn6s

firstime i take off im using gemfan 1147 is make me shock, is little hover and going back significant and backflip even i put pitch to the top but not work, Crash and my all prop is broke.

and i bought now apc propeller, i try hover again and is going to right direction significantly again, i crash lucky my propeller not broke and just have scratch on my motor.

so i try on gps mode, still same random direction significant and crash. 

so i talk to my friend for hold myquadcopter for test thorttle etc, 

please check my video for thorttle and pitch issue.

https://youtu.be/uS3Jfrdvn6s

i already reinstall firmware, first i use 3.3 and now im using 3.2 but not work.

im very frustrated but im very interesting why is causing, i want solved this however what my goal want make this bird fly lol.

and someone give me advice is because PWM send same value to 2 motor.

please help this moron, every advice is very helpful for me.

this log when i test thorttle same as on video

http://diydrones.com/forum/attachment/download?id=705844%3AUploadedFile%3A2125771

thankyou verymuch, and sorry for bad english :)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi i have update now.

i already open my pixhack and all is perfect good, no one bad solder i was check everything its very clean.

i already swap my esc and calibration one by one but still not solved issue about motor test who can spinning together.

and i have one issue again when i test thorttle and pitch or roll to full its make disarmed my fc, 5 times i test and still like this "Disarmed:Crashing", wth i even not flying my quad how can its crash?

and about motor test issue still not solved.

• This may not be very likely but are you sure your flight controller is oriented correctly? I have seen flipping similar to what you described when someone mounted the flight controller 90 degrees out of alignment. Make sure the arrow on the flight controller is pointing in the forward direction.
  • Developer

It's really not a good idea to have someone holding the vehicle.

If the vehicle flips immediately upon take-off then it's most likely that some motors are wired incorrectly (order is incorrect, motor is spinning the wrong direction or a propeller is on backwards).

best of luck.

• Its not hardware issue, because i try every port random and i swap esc i always have 2 motor spin.
      And i try check again, when i using 5% power, just A B C motor was spinning normal and D like not have power, but when the power is 6% motor C or D it will spinning together.

Now ill try again using esc calibration one on one, should i programming to high?
    • hi randy thankyou for advice.

i try when take off but same as like that,3 times quadcopter want backflip, and pitch like not function.

im very sure direction motor CW and CCW and propeller is right.

i forgot that same link 

please watch this, motor C and D spinning together

https://youtu.be/kbHMDrMjcKw

• Developer

It's hard to see from the video but if the motors test is causing two motors to spin then it seems like a hardware problem.  That's very odd, I've never seen that kind of failure before.

• i think so, because i already reinstall firmware but still make motor C and D spinning together, i try too for hexa firmware but still same.

i try swap esc and motor still spinning too.

but when i make last thread someone told me like that :

Somehow either two outputs are getting the same PWM value or there's a short or wrong connection somewhere causing the C & D to spin together.

what he mean? PWM value?

• Developer

Yes, I agree with this person's suggestion.  It's likely a hardware issue, perhaps some solder on the flight controller is joining two of the motor outputs together.

PWM is the protocol used to send the motor speed requests from the flight controller to the ESCs.

This reply was deleted.