Problem with alt hold and loiter

Hi guys.When I engage alt hold and loiter mode my hex accelerates and deaccelerates does not hold position. It work perfectly until I added new motors, esc and props. The vibrations look fine just can't get it right any help please?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

Do you have a log file from an affected flight?

Regards,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

• Hi Nathaniel i have attached the files.

Thank you very much.

2015-05-31 12-48-30.log

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, the log doesn't reveal much. The logging level is at the minimum Default. I would suggest changing this to Default+IMU at least to be able to rule out vibration as a contributing factor. With respect to mounting method you mention using gel and double sided foam tape, it is possible to use too much mounting material. In any case it should just be four small squares, one in each corner.

When you say the quad accelerates, do you mean in forward flight or do the motors pulse?

Regards,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

• Hi Nathaniel

I shall do that thanks.

The motors pulse.

• I would recalibrate your ESC's. I would also try lowering the gains on your PID settings.
    What are the specs of your hex?
    • Hi Tim I will try recalibrate the ESC's i have already tried lowering the gains on the The Altitude Hold P, The Throttle Accel PID gains to P to 0.5, I to 1.0. Its a F550 frame with sunny sky 980Kv motors and 10x3.8 props.

• 3D Robotics
    This is almost always due to vibration. Are you mounting the autopilot on the recommended foam?
    • Hi Chris it was all working 100% until i changed the motors and props.

The flight controller is mounted on gel and foam double sided tape.

This reply was deleted.