PX4IO Servo outputs not working

One more PX4 issue. The 8 servo outputs on the IO board don't seem to be working, everything else seems fine but I am getting no output on any of the channels.

I have connected a normal servo to one of the channels for testing and I am getting nothing out, the servo outputs have power and the mission planner is reporting a signal going to those outputs but they seem dead.

Is there some PX4 specific setting I need to alter, perhaps telling it to not use the outputs on the FMU board but to use the IO ones?

Thanks

The IO board has been configured and is being used for the PPM-Sum input and the telemetry output.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So far I have found the whole PX4 system to be very intermittent in terms of when it wants to work and when it doesn't. The SD card becomes corrupt a lot which knocks the IO board out of action and I find it very hard to get this mission planner to recognize the device for loading new firmware.

Does anyone recognize symptoms like these or am I just unlucky?

• What about maybe loading the arduplane firmware and seeing if you get an output, this is how I have mine set up just now.

• Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

If its a hardware fault I would like to be able to return it asap.

• Developer

Whcih version of the PX4IO are you using and PX4FMU? There is a BC break in the latest FMU code that requires PX4IO to be updated. I had the same issue, but now with 2.7.4Beta versions on both it works as expected

This reply was deleted.