Over the past few years I have been using a hexacopter with apm v1.x on it. It was a kit we bought from jdrones. It works fine. I decided I wanted to build a quad from scratch. I laser cut the frame out of plywood and installed all of my electronics. The problem occurs when I try to fly my quad. I went through the initial setup, leveling the copter, rc calibration, choose the right orientation, checked my blades and motor direction and what not. After I arm the vehicle I raise the throttle a bit and all of the motors dont always spin. Sometimes its 3, sometime all of them do. It appears to be random. Originally I thought I had a bad electrical question with the brush less motors but they all test out fine when directly connected to the rc receiver. I look at the tuning for the 4 ch of output and I would assume that all of the outputs should be very close right off the bat and they are much different then I would expect. I don't think it is a firmware issue because This project started ff at the beginning of the summer and I hadn't touched it for a while and update the firmware and it happened on both firmwares. Am I missing something simple or is there a good troubleshooting guide around.