Hi guys,

I have been flying great with TBS Discovery on a Pixhawk 3.2 version but it is time to move on and there are few reason that a TBS Discovery and Pixhawk is a bad combination (it is just for me I guess).

1. Small space in between top and bottom plate. Pixhawk required a complex vibration damping and if you want to go for the 3d printed, you just don't have enough space to mount both the 3D Vibration Damping and the Pixhawk.

2. Gimbal, there is absolutely no perfect way to mount the gimbal, it is nearly impossible to manage all the wires and once you crash, everything just look like a mess.

3. Heat, maybe it is just me, but my quad heat up very quick. I have Tbs core and minimosd installed on top of each other, there is just not enough air going through the quad.

So it would be great if someone can help me to choose the right frame. I would love to keep all my electronics, from ESC, motors (900kv TBS Motors), battery 3 4500mah 4s battery etc. and just change the frame. My thought stay with Hoverthings flip fpv pro-g, seems like a very solid frame.

My goal is to have a clean frame with "clean" plate and enough room for all my electronics, fpv, uhf, gimbal etc.

Thank you so much for all the help.

Best regards,

Long

p/s: Please excuse my English as it is not my first language.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looks solid and very stable video!

• Hey, thanks..

• Wow, very nice video and super stable, could you tell me more about your specs? I can see it is a Y6 but what motors and battery are you using? Many thanks

• Hi,

Motors are T Motor MT2814: http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2013/Professional_0912/46.html

The battery in that clip is a Hobbyking Multistar 16,000 mah 4S which lasts about 15 minutes easy flying (filming) and nearer 10 minutes if you have some fun. I've got a number of lipos from 5,000mah to 16,000mah but the 8,000mah ones hit the sweet spot imo, weight versus flight time. She'll do >65mph without the gimbal on and is so dialled in with the Pixhawk. I can't recommend the package enough.. :o)

SAM_0119.jpg

SAM_1445a.jpg

2.10b.jpg

• looking pretty awesome. But how about vibration, from your pictures I can see that you don't use any special anti-vibration damping for Pixhawk! From what i understand, pixhawk is really sensitive to vibration.

• Sorry, subsequent to those photos I changed the mount (and gimbal mount), see here:

http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8569

Having done that, the vibes are generally under control apart from in very spirited flying when it does reach and exceed the recommended limits although I've never had any problems that I'm aware of.

• I use 4S 4200 from RMRC which is what it was designed around. It snuggly slides right in, so you don't need to secure it with anything. I added one extra deck to mine so I could put the APM on what was the top deck and then I mount the GPS with mast on the added 3rd deck. It added very little weight and added a lot of protection. I'm using 1100k T-Motors.

• Have you checked out the cinetank? http://flyingcinema.com

• The cinetank does look very nice but the recommended setup for it is 1100 kv motors and I think it does not support 4500mah 4s battery :(

This reply was deleted.