Failed waypoint navigation with ArduRover

Hi,

I've integrated an APM2.6 with 3DR GPS and RFD900 telemetry on a small vehicle.

Firmware installed successfully and i tried to navigate in a triangle in a parking lot to see the guidance in action, However each time i turn to AUTO mode and start the mission it is doing in-consistent slow circles around itself.

While my PIDs are default, I only wish to see some kind of waypoint navigation regardless of the performance, However it does not work at all.

I started tuning the PIDs according to the user guide but it is time consuming and like i said, I only wish to see a successful navigation regardless of performance... Can anyone direct me to the "magic tune" that would just prove some kind of navigation?

10x,

-Yaacov

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

@allen,

Attached is the 3DR ArduRover pre-production parameters that I successfully used with that chassis.

You may want to adjust the Cruise Speed and Cruise Throttle parameters to lower values to start with.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

3DR_ArduRover.param

• Thanks - I have success !!

I have a small narrow  drive way alley - 14 feet wide - and set up a way point at opposite ends  with home being in the middle. At first I had the rover at a 90 degree angle to the way point expecting it to turn to the left.  it kept doing straight and never turned when I put it in auto. However when i pointed it straight to the  waypoint it went straight to it and stop for a few seconds and then made a 180 degree turn to the 2nd way point and traveled there and stop at its arrival.

I will go to a large parking lot and set up a rectangle course to get further experience and experiment with the parameters

Another quick question - in MP the icon of the rover kept drifting or moving away from where the actual rover position was was even though the rover was stationary. At times it drift over to the next street !

any thoughts and again thanks for helping me get started

• Developer

Hi allen,

glad you could work it out!

The moving Rover icon on the map in Mission Planner could be GPS deviation.

Try to let your rover sit still for about 5 minutes after powering up and before starting. The Rover should be more steady.

Regards,

Linus

• This forum was a great help.  I had the same problem with the car going around in circles....  Following the instructions I had reversed the steering servo in the configuration page to get it working correctly.  I turned it of and reversed it via my transmitter and its all good now.

Awesome forum!

Thanks

• Admin

@Jason,

That is what we are here for. Glad to have been of help in resolving your issue.

Regards,

TCIII Ardurover2 Developer

• Just a quick item -I have a rectangle course set up in MP  and  my Rover heads straight to the  1st WP and just stops  when it reaches it. It will not turn the 90 degrees to the next waypoint Has any experience this before ?

Thanks

• Admin

@allen,

What is the value of your waypoint radius and how close together are the center of the rectangle waypoints.

Can you provide a screen shot of your Mission Planner screen?

Regards,

TCIII Ardurover2 Developer

• Hi - I think the way points were too close together. I reset them further apart.The waypoint radius was two meters and it looks like that it works. I did four runs of the mission

Again thanks for your help

• Developer

Hi allen,

nope, never had that.

what firmware version youre running ?

•  APM  1.1.99

This reply was deleted.