Rover not navigating correctly in auto mode

Hi everyone recently purchased a pixhawk (PX4FMU)  autopilot board running on the rover firmware. I am encountering a problem with the navigation of the rover. After planning/making the rover learn a mission in mission planner and executing it in auto mode the rover drifts to the left or right and does not follow the waypoints correctly as it is supposed to. Just wanted to know is this a problem with the calibration of the compass or GPS or is there something wrong with the set parameters. Would really appreciate your help.

FutureTech

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

@FutureTech,

You might also want to post the issue with your Rover not navigating correctly here.

Regards,

TCIII AVD 

• Will do. Thanks.

• 3D Robotics

That could be one or all of the three usual things:

1. Mag not calibrated (turn on learning mode is it get better over time)
    2. PIDs not set right
    3. Steering channel reversed

Have you gone through the tuning tutorial:

http://ardupilot.org/rover/docs/tuning-steering-and-navigation-for-...

Tuning Steering and navigation for a Rover (ver 3.1 and older) — Rover documentation
    • Pixhawk is from 3DR . I have connected it to a Kyosho Axxe RC Car with 6 Ch 2.4 Mhz radio. In MANUAL Mode it runs really well . Compass, Gyro,is calibrated. The EKF is disabled. After collecting a few way points in MANUAL mode on a long open road by toggling CH7 on radio and then changing to AUTO mode, the car traces the way points perfectly the first time. But when I try to run the car again on the same way points , after maybe a couple of times of successful run , the car tends to "drift" in a unusual path .I think it not trying to go to home position because I am always starting in auto mode with HOME within a few meters right ahead of me. The way points stored show up perfectly on the MP Flight Planner page. It gives the impression that the coordinates of the road has changed. Is it possible that the GPS location of a particular spot can change within minutes ? What could be the issue ? We have tried tuning the steering but it is not solving the problem. Your help will be most appreciated as we need to complete this project .

• Hi Chris Many thanks will try and revert.

Best

• Mag offset learning in compass cal?

• Hi Ray

Yes. It is calibrated. Pixhawk is from 3DR . I have connected it to a Kyosho Axxe RC Car with 6 Ch 2.4 Mhz radio. In MANUAL Mode it runs really well . Compass, Gyro,is calibrated. The EKF is disabled. After collecting a few way points in MANUAL mode on a long open road by toggling CH7 on radio and then changing to AUTO mode, the car traces the way points perfectly the first time. But when I try to run the car again on the same way points , after maybe a couple of times of successful run , the car tends to "drift" in a unusual path .I think it not trying to go to home position because I am always starting in auto mode with HOME within a few meters right ahead of me. The way points stored show up perfectly on the MP Flight Planner page. It gives the impression that the coordinates of the road has changed. Is it possible that the GPS location of a particular spot can change within minutes ? What could be the issue ? We have tried tuning the steering but it is not solving the problem. Your help will be most appreciated as we need to complete this project .

• Maybe your compass/gps is picking up interference, is it possible to relocate it and try again?

This reply was deleted.