Sudden failure of Ardupilot to power up

Hi folks,

I was doing some testing before the AVC next weekend and everything was running pretty well. While connected, all of a sudden I couldn't get GPS lock anymore and when I looked, none of the APM lights were on (while connected to USB). I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting, I've tried using the battery pack, but nothing seems to get it to light back up. 

If I go through the Mission Planner wizard again, it seems to be able to update/verify firmware, but it cannot connect after that via Mavlink with a no heartbeat found error. Any idea what might be going on?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I cant be of any help with the issue. But i will be in boulder for the week starting Monday and have a spare apm 2.6 that you can borrow to get running for the avc. Are you local or coming in for the event?
    • That is super awesome of you Kirby. If you don't mind, I might take you up on that? In the meantime I ordered a knockoff off Amazon that I should get today. So if that doesn't work out I might contact you (I am local). I really appreciate it!

• I finally got to re-setup and test with the new APM and it seems to be working fine. I'll be stopping by Sparkfun some point later today to do some testing on the track. Thanks again for the offer!

• The uBlox GPS red LED is on and the blue LED is blinking. There is a green LED on where the GPS plugs into the APM, but no other lights on the APM when plugged in via usb.

• Admin

@Kyle,

Have you checked your 3.3vdc?

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• I checked via the I2C port (innermost v. outermost pins) and am only getting ~ 0.07V

• Admin

@Kyle,

There is the answer to your APM issue, no 3.3vdc.

The regulator most likely died.

It can be replaced if you are good at soldering and have the proper tools.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• I have not. Where is the best place to check it?

This reply was deleted.