Since we may be contracting 3rd party to make PCBs and supply parts for the CNC, I'd like to gauge how much real interest there is in buying one of these machines, when we're done.
Keep in mind that this is not a commitment, just think to yourself to see how serious you would be, and comment yay or nay.
Update June 8th, 20122:
Ok, just counting heads. So far it's 17 people. Let me know if I missed anyone.
My personal budget for this is $1000-$1200, so any higher, and I'm out, but of course would continue to do my best to get this done for everyone!
Here's a list of "yays" so far (again no commitment assumed):
Drive System Survey
Franco Scipioni has set up a survey to gauge interest in which system we want to have on the system.
Access the survey here:
- has rotational encoders to allow exact motor control
- position encoders, so that tool head can be positioned precisely
- uses DC motors
- requires development or use of a custom circuit board to drive the motors
- more expensive solution
- no rotational encoders, so will not allow exact motor control
- position encoders, may still be possible
- uses stepper motors
- no custom circuit boards needed, motor systems easily available
- cheaper than servo system