fx61, apm 2.5 and futaba 8fgs configuration.

Hi

i completed my build of the fx61 but i am having a problem with setting up my futaba 8fgs with my fx61.

could anyone who done this please offer advise on the correct process ?

so far i have set the model to "airplane" and "flying wing" with 2 ail and rudder "winglet" (there is no option for NO rudder only normal and winglet.

after that i set the channels

servo1 to ch1, servo2 to ch2 and esc to ch3.

i am flying mode2, my throttle is working but if someone could guide me on how to get the left and right and up and down to work will be great.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ok i managed to solve this problem

by setting the ELEVON_OUTPUT to 4 under CONFIG/TUNING -> FULL PARAMTER LIST

http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduplane-setup/first-time-apm-setu...

• something i have come across now which i cant seem to solve is the pitch and roll reversed issue.

on the mission planner if i pitch or roll it shows correctly, but if i look on the plane it is reversed. anyone seen this problem before or know how to fix.

on my futaba 8fgs i have it setup in model type as

type airplane

wing normal - 1 ail

tail normal

i have tried playing with the "elevon config" on the mission planner but it doesn't help fix the problem.

i have also tried swopping the channels which makes it correct on the plane but on the apm mission planner its wrong. meaning i can do left and right correctly on the plane but on mission planner it displays the pitch as going up or down.

any ideas on how to fix ?

• so basically i determined it is not a 8fgs issue, if i connect directly to the futaba rx everything is working as it should.  it seems to be the apm which is causing the problem.

This reply was deleted.