Replies

• Here is my first video. Also the first time I've ever flown anything larger than an MQX-50, so please don't judge my piloting skills too harshly! I'm flying using my eyeballs in a moderate/heavy breeze. If anyone could tell me why the IRIS flipped itself over when the battery ran low I'd appreciate it (was holding the stick in the disarm position the whole time)!

• I have also noticed this issue on my IRIS, I have to sometimes go back to a neutral position and attempt to disarm again, I have ate some hardcore dirt attempting to disarm the IRIS. If I am quick enough and just go neutral then back to disarm fast I can catch it. Nice vid though! and no sweat my first drone was about a month earlier and it was the Parrot AR drone 2.0, so I am in the same boat, great machines! Have you added FPV to your set up yet? If so what did you go with?

Peace,

RC

• Glad to see its not a problem unique to my IRIS. I'm fully geared up for FPV with the FatShark Attitude V2. So I've got the Fatshark vtx, a cloverleaf antenna, and a 2 cell 850 mah batt all strapped to the IRIS (pic here). I think I'll eventually upgrade to the tarot gimbal and a larger flight batt. If you (or anyone) have a clever/better idea for attaching the fpv system to the IRIS, I'd love to hear it! What I have now is only temporary.

• Wicked, I think I have seen your setup on the FPV for the IRIS topic on here, very nice though. I am kinda using a temp setup till a specific kit is created for the IRIS or a better idea comes on the market. I am using Industrial Velcro and attaching the extra batt and TX to the underside of the IRIS, I don't have the gimbal but bought the 6" legs so to not have the TX sitting on the ground. I've also noted that I am able to get 10 min flight times or so wihile using the IRIS batt for the TX on the gimbal's power cord. I look forward to more videos! I will deff keep them coming as well, I got a nasty one I need to upload, I got my IRIS stuck in a tree for about 2 hours yesterday, got the video just have not had a chance to upload it.

Cheers

• Some Tree Time

This reply was deleted.