Free version of eCalc?

I was just checking out eCalc and it turns out you have to pay for access by the month.  It actually feels kind of shady.  Are there any alternatives?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok, how is this an IRIS discussion.  I purchased a ready to fly copter with all that work done for me.  I think I already paid for that service.

• Just playing with you, I have used ecalc a couple of time myself.  Sorry to see no more free bees.

• @ Michael, ecalc is a tool that can be used for any quad copter, including the Iris.
  • Ok, I'm done preaching now.  ;.)

No worries. Your preaching to the choir when it comes to developers getting paid for their work.  

I was just curious to see if I could figure out the Max Altitude of the 3DR Solo.  I don't really have a pressing need for ecalc.  If I did, I probably would have dug deeper and realized the monthly fees do NOT auto renew.

It might be wise if they included a note about that on their sign-up page...  After your post I went to double check, and it was only after downloading the General Terms and Conditions PDF file, and reading to page 2, section 8.1 that I found language that specifically says they won't auto-renew when your term expires.  They are actually the exception these days.  Most companies auto-renew.  

So an incorrect assumption on my part - but not a crazy assumption given the way most internet businesses operate.  I'd say its always best to be cautious.  There are so many scams.  Posting on a board like this is a good way to find out if a company is legit (*pats self on back*).

• OK. So it is NOT shady.  That is good to know.  I was just put off by the recurring monthly fee.  I'm just careful about that kind of thing.

• I'm not aware of any, but I'd be interested to find one.  For now I pay the money.  It's not a simple set of calculations they're doing and as a coder I appreciate the effort it took to make it .. even if the UI isn't as polished as we'd like.  FWIW I suspect the devs feel the same way about the polish.  We coders are not known for our artistic abilities.

This reply was deleted.