Replies

• OK guys,HERE is the video where I tested the flight times with the stock long legs and with my new legs... 

• I was wondering what batteries are you using?

I have an IRIS with front mounted brushless gimbal, 200Mw FPV…and with nanotech 4.5 A (275gr) I get 10 minutes of flight until failsafe kicks in…I usually fly comfortable 9 minutes.

I’ not sure how much the tarot gimbal weight is….but I also tried 2 parallel nanotech’s  getting 9A….and I got 16 minutes until failsafe….so comfortable 15 minutes of flight.

On personal opinion tarot make the IRIS way too big…and that’s the reason for keeping my gimbal front mounted.

• I'm looking for a GoPro 3 front mounted brushless gimbal for IRIS.  If you don't mind my asking, where did you get your gimbal?  What brand?

• Hey,I was just looking at the new Iris+ and thinking that this would be a great way to DIY the newish legs. Have you tried to flip the stock little legs around so that they angle out instead of angle in? You wouldn't have to bend your piano wire if you could angle them out.

• I will fly two batteries with the old legs and then two batteries with the new legs to determine how much extra flight time I get.

• So after the weigh in, I was able to save right at 50%!  I also made a second set to try and close the hook at the bottom.

3701750201?profile=original

3701750375?profile=original

3701750422?profile=original

I bought 1/8" piano wire which is just a high tensile strength steel rod. I drilled a corresponding hole through the legs, inserted the rod and epoxied them in place.  They work great! 

• I like the idea, though I'd prefer the bottom portion to curve in-ward if it forms a hook. 

• Looks kool..

Are they metal coat hangers?

• No, coat hangers are too thin and bend too easily.

• How have they been working out? I'd love to know more about this if you don't mind providing some guidance on how you built these. I just started flying with the long legs and having them so much closer to the CG makes it easier for the IRIS to tip when landing. I'd love to try something like this.

This reply was deleted.