Replies

• Have you tried turning offline maps OFF?
    When I enable offline maps in the app, I get the same behavior as you. Since I don't need off line maps, I haven't bothered to figure out how to properly cache them.
  • Do you want to use "offline maps"? I mean, are you expected to see maps when you are NOT connected to internet? Then you need to activate "offline maps" on DP settings. 

But sure you need to download maps for your area you want to fly.

The way I am doing is using Mission Planner to extract maps, then copy the map folder into Nexus tablet, under DP location on Nexus.

But at least you should see maps live if you are connected to Internet.

• I'm connected to the Internet. I have offline maps enabled too.
    • if you are connected to internet you should see the maps online. try to zoom out to maximum.

do you have activated GPS on your phone/tablet? (not sure this is mandatory)

can you see google maps using GoogleMaps? (not DroidPlanner) or other maps application on android?

• My phone has full internet connectivity both via wifi and 4G.  No matter how I zoom in or out I never get a map.  GPS is active on the device and I can pull up Google Maps and Google Earth on my device.

• Nate, I noticed the same thing happening to me.  But then I noticed there was an update to DroidPlanner2 in Google Play - so I installed the update and now they are showing for me.  When you use the Google Maps API, you have to get an updated API certificate from them, and I'm guessing the certificate expired, or something like that happened. 

• In dummy terms, what do i need to do? :)

• Sorry when I mentioned all that about the Google API thing, I was talking about the developer of DroidPlanner.  Really all you need to do is go to Google Play -> My Apps, and look to see if DroidPlanner2 shows that it needs an update and if it does, click it to do the update.

This reply was deleted.