Iris crashed after screws fell out...

Hey everyone, I had a bad crash yesterday. One of the motors came out of the Iris and the whole unit plummeted to the ground. HERE is the video of the crash...The unit is thrashed and the gimbal broke off even though it never hit anything. After inspecting the quad, I found that the screws that held one of the motors in had fallen out!  Upon further investigation, I found that only about half of the screws in the other motors had threadlock on them. Anyone else experience this? I am going to call 3D Robotics to see what can be done on Monday.

Thanks all!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can you post the screw thread size as well? 

• the new ones should be 3mm x 10mm long stainless.

• 3DR discovered that the motor screw they were using were too short and only grabbed a couple threads on the motors.  Others had issues with the thread lock.  Call them and request the longer screws.

• Go over to this forum. you will see the thread were it happened to a lot off guys. 3d robotics has been great about replacing the parts.

http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=48

• did you see some thread lock on the existing screw? some 'blue' trace paint.

• Actually, about half of the screws had a red threadlock. There wasn't any blue.  The other half did not have any threadlock.

This reply was deleted.