Iris+ Parameters Out of Range

Hi Gang,

I just completed the hardware portion of my Iris>Iris+ Upgrade and am now attempting to upload the Iris+ parameters.

I came across an error message and many warnings that some of the new parameters are out of range.  The 1st message is: Raw Param Warning, All values on this screen are not min/max checked.  Please doublecheck your input .  Please use standard /advanced params for the safe settings.

The parameters out of range are the following:

RATE_RLL_IMAX range = 0-500, old value = 500, new value =1,000

RATE_RLL_P

RATE_YAW_I

RATE_YAW_IMAX

RATE_YAW_P

STB_RLL_P

STB_PIT_P

THR_ACCEL_IMAX

I can list the other values if that is helpful, I just want to understand this mismatch before proceeding with loading the new Iris+ parameters.

Please help! :-)

mb

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just flew mine for the first time after the hardware upgrade. Didn't change anything in the Pixhawk and it flew fine. It is just trying to load some new tuning parameters but mine flew fine with all the old settings. BTW - I am still running 3.1.4. It's solid with no surprises. If your Iris was flying good before then go with it.

The flight time was 20min 30sec. The stock Iris with the Iris+ battery did 19min 26sec. That is all with no payload except the mast I installed.

mp

• Thanks Mark.  Did you receive the out of range warnings when you loaded the new parameters for Iris+?  

My Iris was acting strange before the upgrade so I wonder if the values were related or just coincidental?

20.5 minutes of flight time sounds great, I can't wait to get back in the air!

thanks!

mb

• I didn't load any parameters. I just installed the hardware and flew. Never had out of range warnings. My old 3.1.4 stuff was working fine before the upgrade. 

I think it might have been 21.5 min. It was starting to rain and I was rushing to shut everything down. I'l look at the log and let you know. I'm anxious to see the vibration diffs before and after the upgrade.

What do you mean by "acting strange"?

mp

• On the 3DR video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVMf4nPWE7E&list=UUcp-_sF8s4WIZU...

at about minute 19:30 he demonstrates updating the parameters for the Iris+ upgrade.  When loading the parameters as shown here I'm receiving the warnings.  I guess I can go ahead and write the parameters and see what happens :-)

Well the acting strange part was probably my fault as I attached a Canon SX260 to the bird and loaded the Iris with Tarot Gimble parameters to compensate for the weight of the camera.  

• They are are just tuning parameters. Shouldn't cause a major difference. 

I am sticking with 3.1.4 for now. Seems like there are still some strange things going on with 3.2. Mine is so reliable that I would would have to create my own little acceptance test before I felt good with 3.2. I work with very high speed industrial control systems on turbines. In many ways they are no different than the Pixhawk. Our main rule - Don't touch the firmware on a stable system just because you can! The new rev must have some added reliability that you need or fix bugs that you are dealing with. A few extra groovy features that don't improve reliability are never a reason to upgrade.

BTW - I did do the ES cal. Didn't watch the video but that would be mandatory after switching out the ESC block.

Since your provided the link I guess I"ll take a look at the instructions:)

• Thanks again Mark.    Now you have be doubting the firmware upgrade to 3.2,  What strange behavior has you concerned, the fly-away?

• Like I said I don't like using the latest firmware if what I am running is solid unless the new firmware has something I really need. Getting there on 3.2. Tired of pulling the cover and retrieving the sd card to get the logs. Supposedly 3.2 cures the flash log download corruption problem.

I have heard of few fly aways with the latest version but most of these can be attributed to human error in configuration or execution. There there's this issue with Pixhawks wigging out if the bird was tilted during the gyro cal. There's a patch for that but it came out after 3.2 was released for widespread use. I'll most likely start testing it soon from a reliability perspective.

mp

This reply was deleted.