I recently bought an Irirs+ and have only had the chance to make a few flights so far due to weather and work. After those flights with just the copter I thought I would try it with the gimbal attached to see how differently it handles. After attaching the gimbal I noticed that I had no control of it via the TX, so I decided to check the webs and get an idea of what was going on..... I stumbled on a video that showed how to hook up via Mission planner and calibrate the radio.....that did not go well.....
After it installed the latest firmware I lost my compass calibration ( which took F O R E V E R!!!!!!) to get re-aligned! Fast forward to the latest issue which is now I can't hook up to my telemetry via the radio (dongle???) that attaches to either my tablet or laptop. When I try the tablet (samsung galaxy note 10.1) it fails to connect and says low signal quality. When I try to hook up to the laptop (HP Envy Windows 8.1) it identifies it as " FT231X USB UART" but will not show up on mission planner as a connection to the copter. So I'm stymied at this point as to wether the dongle is screwed up or the copter is.
It reads telemetry through the TX just not the receiver dongle. It worked just fine before I updated the firmware, so I'm not sure at this point what to do to undo what I did. I was hoping fro some guidance from the kind folk here before I submitted a trouble ticket to 3DR.
Thanks for any and all help directed my way!!!