Iris+ Upgrade?

Anybody been able to get hold of the Iris+ upgrade? Just curious, heard that it exists but hadn't heard of anyone trying it yet.

mp

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What are the changes to the radio that allows the telemetry to display? The radio looks the same. Could there be manual steps to add it for current Iris owners?

Also for the Iris users that just are not using the tall legs and gimbal, is there any real benefit? The existing 850kV moters are OK for the plain Iris. All I see is that the new arms are 60g lighter. As for the 5100maH battery, I'm already using the $30 Zippy 5000, which fits in the existing Iris

• I've ordered the kit.  The website suggests it won't ship until October 8th.  Some good details of what IS and IS NOT upgraded with the upgrade kit vs. purchasing the IRIS+ as a new unit.

https://store.3drobotics.com/products/iris-plus-upgrade-kit

• I don’t think they started to ship the kit yet…

I’m at 11- 12 minutes of flight with my IRIS with FPV, and front mounted Brushless GoPro Gimbal …and I had hard time deciding if I should order it..

Yesterday I placed the order.

Did anyone knows exactly what motors they added, and if the ESC has been changed ?

I know that they’re T-Motor  920kv…but these come in two generations, and I was wondering if they are the older generation or the new one.

I look forward to hear first impressions… and what flight times these upgrade will add.

I'm not convinced that I will do mine right away…but remains to be decided.

• I called 3dr to inquire and was told the IRIS + and upgrade would not go on sale until Oct. 3rd

This reply was deleted.