Very good results with Zippy battery

I have been using a Zippy 4000 mAh 11.4 3S 25C Compact battery for awhile now and wanted to share my results.  I am getting 12.5 minutes with my IRIS running a Tarot gimbal and a GoPro camera.  These batteries are cheap on Ebay when you can find them from Hobby King's store.  They are 25 dollars and change and 6 dollars and change shipping.  As they are compact they fit the IRIS great and are even a little smaller than the stock batteries.  They come with bullet connectors but XT-60 are cheap and plentiful.  The batteries comes with long leads that need to be shortened anyway.  Just thought everyone should know. 

IRIS Battery.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NO WAY!!!

I am waiting on 3 of these to come in. https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct...

Hoping I get a similar result with the tarot and gopro on board.

Do you ever have issues with failing motors from heat?  They get pretty hot after 3 stock batteries of flying, I hope they hold up. 

• Sounds good! After soldering XT-60 connectors to the battery, can they then be charged with the SkyRC e4 LiPo Balance Charger (standard charger supplied by 3DR)?

• Yes.

• This is good to hear Chris. I am not getting anywhere near that. I have 3 stock batteries, a 3850 Thunderpro and a Zippy 5000 and none of them can get near 10 minutes with gimbal go pro and legs. I think I know why but can't get any support on it from 3dr. 

My RCOU Chan1 (which is the output of the Pixhawk to the channel 1 ESC) maxes out at full scale a few minutes into the flight causing the other channels to cut back in order to maintain attitude. The best I can get with anything is 7 to 8 minutes. I have have changed the motor, esc cal, auto tune, etc, etc,.

The only thing left is the ESC but I'm tired of working on it. I think I"m going to scrap it and build a TBS Discovery and put my pixhawk in it. 

Would you mind posting one of your log files to this thread. I would like to see another log file from an Iris with gimbal and go pro compared to mine. I may find something that will keep me from starting over.

Thanx

• Yeah.

Ive been using the zippy 5000 25C which also fits well and is good to fly.

I notice the 5800 30C should fit also which is what I may try next. But yea..I'm liking the zippy Lipos too.

• What flight times do you get from the 5000 25C (I guess the 3S version)?

• That sounds promising. Good to hear. The 6min you get from standard issue battery with Tarot Gimbal is a bit embarrassing. Will check them out.

This reply was deleted.