Video cable for GoPro Hero 4

I've recently purchased an iris+ with the Live View kit. I have a gopro 4 and am not receiving the video on my monitor? I tried switching to a Gopro 3 and the video works fine. I'm trying to figure out if the issue is with my hero 4 camera or the cable. Is it possible that the video cable is only compatible with the hero 3? Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have the GoPro Hero 4 Black and the cable works for me.
  • I had a similar  problem with my LiveView, but it was not with the Go PRO or video cable.  The LiveView monitor was set to PAL instead of NTSC.  I hope this helps.

• Thanks! I tried switching between Pal & NTSC, but it made no difference. Frustrating....
  • Here's the response I received from 3DR. I purchased, but haven't had time yet to even unbox it. I'd like to hear how successful anyone's been with the Hero4 and 3DR's FPV:

Marley (3drobotics)
    Feb 16, 2015
    Thank you very much for taking the time to write us, we really appreciate your preference. In regards the LiveView™ Kit for GoPro compatibility with camera GoPro Hero 4 Silver we have tested this video cable out and some of the cameras will work and others not, we really don't know what's the problem because this is not our product and definitely we don't support it.
    If you still have further questions, please let me known
    Best regards,
    Marley

This reply was deleted.