Hey guys,

I thought I would start a discussion on the use of FPV gear, ground control stations and other things that can extend and enhance our flying.

Feel free to talk about what you're doing, what's happening in your world around this or ask a question or two.  The more we talk about it and share ideas, the better. (:

Cheers,
David.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm planning on going down the Fat Shark/Immersion RC route... only problem is it seems impossible to get the Immersion RC transmitter I want anywhere at the moment.

Will get a Eagle Tree OSD also, as I already have eagle tree kit doing telemetry for me anyway.

Someone at my local field had a really good setup, think he was running 1.2ghz on the quad and receiver, with a ground station picking up the signal from that. Then he had a splitter splitting that out to a screen, DVR and a 5.8ghz tx, then 5.8 to his goggles.

• I'm using gear that is beyond my skill level .....if last weekends flights were anything to go by.

I've built a ground station that can be seen a few times in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myYyq3SZ2f8

It was built with the radio-tracking purpose in mind (i.e. screen and speaker for 'co-pilot') and is based around the Eagle Eyes device that allows for 2 audio-visual inputs and 4 outputs (goggles, screen, DVR and ??).  Using 1.2Ghz for FPV system.Cameras from SecurityCamera2000.

And in terms of radio... ER9x with either a FrSky 2.4G module or DragonLink (UHF).  Have spent some coin on the radio modules as I want the radio (thumbs) to have far greater range than the FPV (eyes) system.

It isn't as pretty as many that you see posted around - but it works for me.

If you want to see something pretty then check this one....

http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/17944-13ghz-backpack-ground-stati...

MJ

So kicking this one off, Tim and MJ, what FPV gear are you running and any idea on the quality and FOV?

This reply was deleted.