After installing my Pixhawk 2.1 into my UAV clouds everything was fine up until I had to calibrate my controller to mission planner. Attached is an image of what I am receiving in mission planner. I am using a Taranis X9D Transmitter with a L9R receiver. My receiver is bound and is plugged up properly to my Pixhawk through the RCin port and Sbus port on my L9R receiver. The firmware I have on my Pixhawk is Arduplane 3.8.5(latest version). UAV clouds is a v-tail plane as well and I have setup my inputs into Pixhawk and my radio as needed. I don't know what I could be missing. Power wise I have made sure that the Pixhawk is powered by a battery using the power brick mini so it has plenty of current. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Screenshot_7.png

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here are just a few images to reaffirm what is going on. I also just setup a new model in my controller and I don't have a failsafe set yet. Still no progress. The PDB I have I might rip it out and just solder up a new connector to take it out of the setup even though it should have nothing to do with it. If I try and remove the ESC connector from my Pixhawk once everything is turned on and I plug the ESC lead into my Rx the motors then beep and arm confirming connection, but if I plug it back into the Pixhawk turn everything off and try it again nothing from the motors. My Pixhawk unit is flashed properly as well so I am at a loss on this one. Thanks.  

IMG_3100.JPG

IMG_3101.JPG

IMG_3102.JPG

• bump

• bump

• bump

• Grant well just got my X8R in the mail and nothing some exact thing. I tested everything before I put in my pixhawk and I put my throttle channel directly into my Rx everything works fine my motors spull up and everything is hot, but when I connect my Rx to RCin through the Pixhawk nothing. Really strange. I am going to reset my model in my Tx and see if I can get any results. I have brake set on my ESC's do you think I should reset my ESC's to factory default? I also had a spare PDB sitting around so I have used it to run my two ESC's off of my 6S battery pack. Could that be the cause of the problem? I don't think so at least. Thanks

Power Distrubution Board I am using: PDB

Timothy said:

Grant thanks for your response! Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. This Rx I just purchased too. It's not an old Rx either. I think I am going to buy a X8R and plug it up. What Rx are you running? Thanks. 

Grant Petty said:

Looks like you're not getting anything from the RC receiver.  I had this problem recently too, but intermittently. Fortunately, I had a spare receiver laying around, and when I replaced it, the problem went away.  That led me to conclude that it was a problem with the SBUS output from the first receiver.

Robot Check
  • Tim - It's the X8R! 

Pixhawk 2.1 Throttle Calibration not working - motors wont spin need help!
    After installing my Pixhawk 2.1 into my UAV clouds everything was fine up until I had to calibrate my controller to mission planner. Attached is an i…
  • Grant thanks for your response! Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. This Rx I just purchased too. It's not an old Rx either. I think I am going to buy a X8R and plug it up. What Rx are you running? Thanks. 

Grant Petty said:

Looks like you're not getting anything from the RC receiver.  I had this problem recently too, but intermittently. Fortunately, I had a spare receiver laying around, and when I replaced it, the problem went away.  That led me to conclude that it was a problem with the SBUS output from the first receiver.

Pixhawk 2.1 Throttle Calibration not working - motors wont spin need help!
    After installing my Pixhawk 2.1 into my UAV clouds everything was fine up until I had to calibrate my controller to mission planner. Attached is an i…
  • Looks like you're not getting anything from the RC receiver.  I had this problem recently too, but intermittently. Fortunately, I had a spare receiver laying around, and when I replaced it, the problem went away.  That led me to conclude that it was a problem with the SBUS output from the first receiver.

• Developer

Support for Ardupilot or The cube is given at either the cube Facebook page or the Ardupilot “discuss . Ardupilot . Org”

This reply was deleted.