Developer

What is Pixhawk 2?

www.pixhawk2.comPixhawk 2 is a small cube, with a 38.5mm square footprint.All connection to the cube is via a DF17 connector coming out the bottom of the cube.This modularity allows for multiple form factors to suit multiple platforms.For the stand alone market, it will be coming out in two form factors to start with, a "Full" configuration, and a "mini" configuration. The full will have connectors for everything, the kitchen sink.... While the mini is restricted to the bare essentials.For RTF's or kit aircraft, I am working on a series of plug and fly systems, that allow you to remove most of your wiring from your aircraft, and take advantage of the easy to use modular structure.The cube also has a massive quality advantage. Given that every single pin is available on the DF17 connection on the base, it allows complete factory full motion testing and calibration of each cube.Pixhawk 2 is continuing to grow. When we release the Pixhawk 2 stand alone, it will be using the latest sensors available on the market, in a form factor that allows the ultimate in flexibility.Please note. Pixhawk 2 Stand alone is NOT a 3DR product. It is a community driven product, designed by the community for the community.A key requirement for my partner companies who will be making this will be active support of the community.Looking forward to announcing more info soon!Philip RowseLead Systems EngineerProfiCNCLead EE on Pixhawk 2 PX4 and Ardupilot Dev team member(formally 3DR sponsored)

image.jpeg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Phillip, I was trying to buy one on the website, but I did not see the "buy" click image. Is there a way to buy one already?

• Developer
    Yes, you must have some form of breakout.
    All connections come out via a single df17 80 pin connection.

The Pixhawk2.com website is the best place for information on this.
  • Tite: try to ask in facebk pixhawk 2  

• nobody?

• Developer
    This is Pixhawk 2 on its full carrier board.

In this format it is a direct replacement to Pixhawk 1, with the addition of a second i2c port, and a second CAN port.

This will be the most common format.

image.jpeg

board.in is for sale! | Don't miss this premium domain name - board.in !
    board.in is for sale! | Grab this board.in Premium Domain to expanding your online business.
    • does it need carrier board to fly?does the cube board alone can flight without additionnal module?

thanks phil for you help

• Developer
      Have a look at Pixhawk2.com

• thanks phil

could you say us if we need the extend board to fly?

• Philip, that looks awesome and that reply was blitzkrieg, Thanks

Few more questions, can we use more accurate GPS receivers directly with this? Also, what would be the required Input Voltage range?

• Developer
      Power can come from up to 8s, this can handle multiple GPS modules, and use RTK if you wish
This reply was deleted.