APm MinimOSD

Bench testing my PixHawk and trying to get all systems working ...going fine untill I connected up the APM MinimOSD.  No Video or OSD.  I know the video setup is working because when I pull hte MinimOSD out of the connection I have very good video. 

This is a 5.8 set up.    The MinimOSD has a red light on both sides of the card and the small (green/white) light is flicking.  I have re-ckecked conections several times.  Looking for some more thought before I return the MinimOSD for a new one. 

tanthony

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had similar problem couple moths ago, ended up documenting my solution, check this thread (i fried the first OSD):
    http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/fatshark-and-pixhawk-with-minimos...
  • What telemetry port do you have it plugged into?
    Mine only works when it is in the Telem1 port.
    • Darren , thanks for your reply.  I and using Telem 2  I have not tried to switch to port 1.

I have not run the OSD through the firmware upgrade .  Plan on doing that tonight.  That may be the missing link.

Been doing a lot of reading about installing the OSD Minmi. 

• Hi,

I found a few posts on how it should work in any Telem port.
      However I found that it only worked in Telem 1 for me.

I haven't looked at upgrading firmware. I'll check that out also.

Let us know how you go.

Darren
  • Could be a power issue. I had a similar challenge connecting additional equipment to my Pixhawk. I assume you are using a separate battery to power everything, but make sure it's up to the job.

• Bill thanks for your reply.  I have the Video transmitter on a  sepreate battery 3s 11.1.  Being on the test stand the servos are not active and the battery prowing the PixHawlk are freasly charged. 

This reply was deleted.