Flight mode confirmation???

I need to know about confirmed operation....

In other words.... When I switch flight modes, How do I Know if it actually does????

My Taranis is telling my it's changing but I would like some kind of feed back from the model that the mode I select is armed....

Is this possible?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry guys... I have been so busy with work and the family!

Yes, I have a Taranis Plus and I've fitted a 6 position rotary switch for my Flight Modes....

When I switch, I get an audible message saying Possition Hold and so on but.....

I would like the Air side radio to feed back and tell me it has been enabled "Possition Hold Enabled"????

• Oh man... Thanks for a great response guys....

Sorry, I've been away from my computer....

Ok...

Maybe I should be more transparent on my set-up....

So, I am flying a 800 size Hexacopter fitted with a X8R receiver and Pixhawk running on version 1.3.34... (I think???)

I also have 3DR telemetry radio and MAVlink...

I do get telemetry working (volts, current, position and so on) but when I switch modes, I just get the radio telling me what switch position I am in.... not what the copter is set to....

• Developer

There is some more info on the ardupilot.org site here http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-frsky-telemetry.html

and help from developers here http://discuss.ardupilot.org

ArduPilot Open Source Autopilot
      The most advanced open source autopilot for use by both professionals and hobbyist. Supports multi-copters, planes, rovers, boats, helicopters, ante…
    • Hi David

Get ride of your current radio and purchase a Taranis Plus.

The way to go.

Henny

• He's already got a Taranis, a Plus only adds haptic which is not much help to him in respect to the question he asks.

• Hi Mike

Follow this link. It adds all the Telemetry functionality he needs.

http://www.craftandtheoryllc.com/frsky-telemetry-cable-and-user-int...

• That option, along with the original open source version and the functionally superior Android based solutions - all referenced earlier in the thread - will work with his Taranis. Why do you tell him to get rid of it and "purchase a Taranis Plus"?

• Or the Tarnis X9E if you want a tray style.  I have one and its awesome...

• It should beep at every mode change and if you have a GCC in use it will also show on there.

• Paul.They do beep at each mode change but the OP wanted confirmation from MAVlink that the mode change had been accepted by the FC.Like the OP I have my Taranis programmed to voice mode changes from the switches which is an entirely different thing.I shall be instigating the MAVlink powered messages when I get around to it for peace of mind although I've never had a cause to doubt the Taranis voice messages yet.It's just powered by MAVlink you will know that the mode change has actually happened.

This reply was deleted.