Pixhawk and DJI Spreading Wings S900 Frame Kit

Hello everyone,

I am planning to build a hexacopter using the DJI Spreading Wings S900 Frame Kit, Pixhawk, and  T-motors. I will definitely appreciate any suggestions about any other frame or motors to use or if someone has already done what I am planning on building.

I intent to have a payload between 5 to 6 lbs.

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pixhawk is installed but got side tracked on other items.

Tania Jorajuria Gomez said:

Hi Guy,

Did you build the DJI S1000 with Pixhawk? In that case, did you use APM or PX4 flight stack? I am interested in the PIDs setting por PX4 flight stack, but I can´t find them anywhere... I have found them for Arducopter v3.2, but I think they have nothing to do with the PX4 ones.

Thank you in advance

• Hi Guy,

Did you build the DJI S1000 with Pixhawk? In that case, did you use APM or PX4 flight stack? I am interested in the PIDs setting por PX4 flight stack, but I can´t find them anywhere... I have found them for Arducopter v3.2, but I think they have nothing to do with the PX4 ones.

Thank you in advance

• Hi

Have startet a build log of s900 with 3DR Pixhawk (Hope this link doesn't violate forum rules, but as far as I can tell it doesn't).

Until now:

Maiden flight was last weekend. Used stock PID settings and a single 6S 7000mAh battery for two flights.

Some more blog entries will follow when more time is available.

Can deliver some video footage shortly if there is interest.

My results: s900 and Pixhawk are a fine match. But you will need to put some work into the relationship. ;)

• Hmmm, strange. Seems my post got lost somehow. Hope this one will be OK.

I have started the build of a DJI s900 frame with a Pixhawk. Am trying to document my progress in a build log.

Until now I have blog entries for:

Some more entries for software setup and PID tuning will follow.

Did a successful maiden flight last weekend. If there is interest I can link a video of the maiden flight.

Best regards,

Sebastian

DJI s900 with 3DR PixHawk - frame assembly hints
      Hi everybody. Sebastian again here on Peter's multicolor blog. It is time for my next blog entry. This time I want to let you take part ...
  • On my 4th A2 for my S1000.  Turns out to be bad solder points, etc..  DJI support is horrible.  3-8 months between me shipping to getting a replacement(2 years).

On the 3rd Zenmuse gimbal also.

I have used the Naza V1 and Naza V2 on multiple F550s (luckily we had a battery disconnect servo when one decided to flyaway).

5 Pixhawks and many APM 2.5s, land sea and air with only very minor issues(user config errors, trying to get fancy with code)

3DR and community support is great and you have more control over what you can do with it..

I'm switching my S1000 to Pixhawk later in the year.

DJI Fire Sale!!!  If anyone is interested I have 4 DJI F550s V2 and a Birdseye View VTOL with Naza Lite I'm will to sell!!!  LOL

• Go with dji V2
  • My brother loves his Dji he gets great flight times and killer video. However it's been costly.  He's now lost THREE of them including 3 axis gimbals and go pro's!! OUCH!! He is a very detailed organized person it wasn't him being crazy or anything they just flew off. I've had a pixhawk that flew off as well. It was trying to warn me though something wasn't  right and I flew anyway so I chalk that up to user error. Not the case with the Naza. No warning just gone.  I think with proper set up and maybe even a little luck the pixhawk is more reliable but not as good of a flight times. GENERALLY speaking that is.

• Hi Richard. I still have not flew the Y6 with the PixHawk. I now have put it into a quad and maybe I can get this thing to fly like it is supposed to. I read or remember seeing (YouTube) something about SimonK firmware for the ESC's might cause issues with the PixHawk. Now have new non SimonK ESC's. I will keep you posted. the Y6 has 10 or 11 flights on it but with a NAZA V2. No waypoint flights so far. Still trying to make the PixHawk run... thanks for your insight...jim

• It takes me less than a pack to get a tune on arducopter that will outfly and outhover a Naza. And it'll fly day after day. I only recalibrate the compass twice a year just as precautionary maintenance.And no C++programming required - just run through the calibrations and tweak the PID settings, and it's done.

The simonk story is a red herring. The problems are not specific to the flight controller - an A2 would have had exactly the same issue.

I even did a small video on it.

• Developer

My bird have over 500 flight hours without single issue, Pixhawk + M8N gps, now with APM:Copter V3.3 RC9.
    If you respect a good setup/tuning and insulate well the flight control from vibrations will give you enormous satisfaction.
    A2 it's very limited (i know it weel), and in the field of "performance" in my opinion is much lower.

This reply was deleted.