Pixhawk for Jet turbine plane

Hi,

Soon I will start to fly my Skyrunner 300+ mounted with Wren 44+ turbine . I have been flying pixhawk for a while on Drone , FPV plane (skywalker, FX 61 long range) but never at hight speed.

Any tips would be great....the first challenge will be to place the pixhawb quite far from COG...I think it's not an issue but never done it.

And then to see the reaction at 300 km/h +++ 

anyway I will update soon with video & photo on this project

cheers

vincent

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you tried flying in stablize, circle or auto flight mode and how much maximmum speed you achieved using pixhawk with multiplex twister??? and what about its behaviour in RTL after setting throttle min to 30 %???

• first flight => crash my mistake...second flight taking off in FBWA mode...flew grate...and then move to FBWB and perfect ..I set up MP with 30% cruise  => 120 Km/h ....  I'm using a foamy from Multiplex Twister for testing (did not want to trash my Skyrunner 300+) ...I have some issue with my turbine I need to fix it so  no video or more flying for the moment...

by the way the problem I had with trim was simple as usual..you start on manual and give some throtlte (like 30%) and then you can move to FBWA & FBWB without a problem...never put the throttle to zero and then switch FBWA/B or it will turn off turbine...

• I will be waiting for the video.................. :)

• Actually I flew only on manual and FBWA ...could not figure it out when moving to FBWB or auto it moved my throttle trim to low which switch off the engine.....

<i started again from scratch and I noticed that in >FBWB mode it remains constant..I hope to upload video son...

• How the test flight gone....???

Has Pixhawk worked with Turbine Jet....???

• ready ..test flight this thursday..

ready to cruise.jpg

• installing the gear...

before.jpg

•  i really like my turbines but that's the only draw back .....distance and out of sight ...slowing down takes time ....

maybe with 2 ublox M8N and the pixhawk 2 will work ???

I noticed with u centre for android on my S7 when I'm in the plane after 369 Km/h  ,....does not work anymore... so the start and take off at 250 km/h everything works and soon after goes blind... will see if it's the same with my plane 

Shaun Bell said:

I can understand the pain of flying out of sight lol!  My current jet has a 97" span and 90" long, so it's big.  I'm only flying max at 300kph for very short periods of time, and that's hard to see real fast.  And like all jets that have a clean aerodynamic design, they take a while to slow down. 

• I can understand the pain of flying out of sight lol!  My current jet has a 97" span and 90" long, so it's big.  I'm only flying max at 300kph for very short periods of time, and that's hard to see real fast.  And like all jets that have a clean aerodynamic design, they take a while to slow down. 

• I know seems weird but I get frustated when i have to slow down because i m out of site...what about the feeling of just let go....on FBWB at full speed for 1 km or so........fly away

I have the following ideas

- fly fast and away on fbwb with FPV either on my headplay or tv

- auto take off with 60· angle until 1km (above the could at 200 km/h) ..i guess i will eventually shit myself..

so I have all the gear FPV , rfd900+ , ezuhf .... couple of different plateform  habu with my T25HP  (maybe the best plateform for what i want to do), skyrunner 300+  and wren 100i for my other skyrunner... 480 km/h +++

what I don t have is free time...anyway eventualy i will do it and update

Shaun Bell said:

I've got a bad feeling about turbines and autopilot controlled drones...  I do both (jets for 20 years), but never together lol.  And as you know, run time is like 10min max before you're out of fuel.  Very interested to see if it works though.

This reply was deleted.