Pixhawk + Power Module + 225A

Dear Multirotor Engineers ! 

I have build my 1-st Quadrocopter.
I was following Youtube tutorials , etc and I have one.

Quadrocopter + T-Motors 2814-11 (710KV) + ESC 30A (T30A T-Motors) + Pixhawk.
The weight of the drone (without battery) is : 2100 g
Acc to eCalc I have chosen battery : 4S 9000 mAh 25C (225A)

I have burned power module because I donot realised that max is 90A ... luckily only PM - Yeah 

I have 3 questions due this situation 
1st : Is it possible that my Quadrocopter configuration will fly ? ... (there is not to late to change motors and ESC) ?
2nd : Is it possible to power the MR with my battery ?

3rd : Could You advice how to calculate how much A I need ?

kind regards,
W

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi

It is far better if you try to make a small calculation yourself because next day you are about to ass some weight or change battery and so on.

Use this: http://personal.osi.hu/fuzesisz/strc_eng/

It will help you calculate what lift you can expect with motors and props. You can also estimate current consumption so you will know your approximate flying time

Anders

• 1. Your quad should fly with the motors you have, at 65% thorttle each motor have a thrust of 860 g, and consume 7.7 amps., suppose your battery weight 900 g the total weight is 3000 g,   4motors X 860 g thrust = 3440g and 30.8 amps. (use a 12X4 prop).

The total thrust at 50% Throttle (the ideal) is 2720 g. I think is a little underpowered but it will fly fine.

2. Yes your battery is ok.

3. Use the table here to make your calculations: http://www.rctigermotor.com/html/2013/Antigravity_Motors_0916/77.html

Hope it helps.

• Dear Antonio  & MR engineers,

Fist off all thanks :)

Secondly, acc to my calculation at 100% (prop 12x4) max thrust is 1460 g (16.8 amps) 4 x 16.8 = 67,2 Amps.

That is why my battery should have max discharge @ 70 amps (minimum). am i right ?

1st Question : I should find baterry with more amps than 70 amps? and... I do not get how does it works but ...If my motors draws 67,2 amps, the pack (with max 70 amps) can get hot and most likely become bloated and unusable while throttle @ 100%?

2nd Question : Could You advice the battery I should buy (brand, mAh , C) Do I really need my old one - 4S 9000 mAh and 25 C (225A) ?

Another issue and very important for me is "how to connect batery with more than 90 Amps to pixhawk via BEC which operate up to 90 Amps. 

3rd Question : Is it possible to use battery (more than 90 Amps) with pixhawk ? 

4th Question : For the future use, Is there any website / helper which I can use to find the perfect motor for my new construction ?

This reply was deleted.