Replies

• This configuration works great..
  • I second that... it won't work.. you need to do this

http://diydrones.com/m/blogpost?id=705844%3ABlogPost%3A1558085&...
  • Damian,

This configuration will not work. The connection from the attopilot board is a metered signal not a power sorce. You will need to pull power from the battery. Make sure the bec can handle the 6s voltage. If you want to eliminate the weight of the bec hobby king has a battery monitor that can handle up to 10s. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__56855__HKPilot_Mega_10s_... />

Good luck

Will
    • Thank You William Cox,

I can't use this power module becouse this is support Max current sensing: 90A. I need support 180A, That's why I have to build my own power module.  

This BEC can handle 10S voltage, 

Can You help me, and give me some scheme how to install AttoPilot and BEC for 6s Lipolly? I found this scheme 6s, but I don't know how to install BEC

Damian

• Damian,

the input connections from the BEC need to come from the batteries. from there connect the BEC and attopilot like this:

ConnexionsAttopilotPixhawk

The input side of the BEC is not shown in this picture but it would be on the left side of the illustration. See this page for the documentation on connecting 

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-optional-hardware/common-po... 

How many motors and what kind are you going to be using. 180a is a huge draw. I have 4 U8 Tmotors and they only pull 21- 40a combined while flying (not aggressive).

Will

• I have 6 motors foxtech x5008 KV330. My hexacopter is weight 7300g. Do you think that 90A is enought?

• Damian,

I would hope so. To pull more than 90a you would have to be swinging logs (tree Logs, LOL) on the motors. I looked at the spec. sheet for the motors. 7.jpgIf you pull 100% throttle yes you could exceed the 90a max (AttoPilot Voltage and Current Sense Breakout - 90A

Features:

• 51.8V Max
      • 89.4A Max
      • Very low zero current offset
      • Analog output scaled for 3.3V ADC
      • Self Powered

If you have the BEC and the attopilot already put it together and see what amp draws you get. If not it will be a little trial and error getting it figured out. What I'm saying is, it will depend on the type of flying you are doing. If you are going to be doing 3D hexcopter flying you will want the 180 board. if you are going to go out and sport or fun fly I think the 90a board or Hobby King monitor would be fine.

Will

• I have to make sure that even If I'm going to be 100% throttle everythink will be working.

I'm gonna be use AttoPilot with BEC 5V

I corrected my scheme, Can You check it?

Thank You so much for Your help, I know that is simple thinks but I would like to be sure that I'm not gonna be damage my Pixhawk :)

my scheme.jpg
    • Do not tie on the ground out of the battery lead to the ground of the leads the go to the pixhawk. Imagine everything that goes to the Pixhawk only needs to be tied into the small diameter wires to the right of the of the attopilot and BEC. The large diameter wire (14 gage or so)will enter and exit the attopilot and tie into the power in of the BEC and main power supply board. Not to be insulting but keep the fone diameter wires together and the large diameter wires together. I hope this helps.

Will
    • Sorry Will, but unfortunately I don't understand. Can you do simple scheme for me?

Damian
This reply was deleted.