RTL function on pixhawk

Good day all

Busy buidling my 2nd drone.

Using a pixhawk and would like to get clarity on the RTL function.

I have seen many videos on the RTL function so I know what the drone does.

My question is about the activation of the RTl mode. If I program channel 5 on the pixhawk

to activate RTL when a specific value is decoded. : in my case 1903.

Question : Must I ensure that the channel 5 output STAYS at 1903 or is it enough that the RTL

function is TRIGGERED and once it is started it will complete the RTL?

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Greg Fletcher said:

Yes the mode channel must stay in RTL. If the mode channel changes the new mode will be selected. If RTL mode was the result of a low battery or radio lose it will stay in that mode even when the radio is working again. The mode switch must change in order to  for the mode to change. That means that if the mode change was from mavlink, the mode will stay there until the mode switch changes. If you enter RTL due to signal loss while in loiter it will stay in RTL after its back in range. If you want to go to loiter you must change out of loiter and then back to get out of RTL. 

I understand. Many thanks Greg !

RTL function on pixhawk
    Good day all Busy buidling my 2nd drone. Using a pixhawk and would like to get clarity on the RTL function. I have seen many videos on the RTL funct…
  • Yes the mode channel must stay in RTL. If the mode channel changes the new mode will be selected. If RTL mode was the result of a low battery or radio lose it will stay in that mode even when the radio is working again. The mode switch must change in order to  for the mode to change. That means that if the mode change was from mavlink, the mode will stay there until the mode switch changes. If you enter RTL due to signal loss while in loiter it will stay in RTL after its back in range. If you want to go to loiter you must change out of loiter and then back to get out of RTL. 

This reply was deleted.