I purchased mine in April, I just heard they not shipping til mid August now, for the 4th delay ive been told, Im so diaapointed with the release so far , pretty worthless without it, they rushed this one , hope it at least works not happy about the solo software no mission planning , not the best experience so far, would like to know how gimbal is performing if anyone has one.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am surely allowed to comment on it more than 3DR employees can.

Also, being a marketing person I am very familiar with how goalposts are moved from "delivery to you" to "starting production" (of what?). 

If you don't have a shoot scheduled and have patience it's all good. But if you do....you better be an insider or first in line (or very lucky).

You asked....we answered. Believe what you want. Proof is always and only in the pudding, which has been getting sour as self-imposed goals are passed. 

• "goals"?  

Isn't this about a delay of the gimbal from the end of July to the middle of August? i.e. 2 weeks?  

I have been watching since before the release of Solo.  Did I miss some announcements?

• You must have since the gimbal was originally supposed to ship with the Solo - then the Solo was delayed and folks assumed the gimbal with it (late June) - then it was supposed to be delivered (to you) by End July which included a buffer (according to 3DR) so they wouldn't miss it.

Now it's "entering production".

If you are happy that's great. But a lot of buyers paid and are waiting and missing their summer shooting season. 

"Solo will be available in over 2,000 retail locations worldwide starting in May in the U.S."

(still on their web site  and it meant available RTF - with gimbal).

You may want to read some of that forum you hang out on...you can see it clearly there - guys being told of a slight delay (not even gimbal specific) in May:

http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/delayed-solo-release.38/

• Thats just it...  You "assumed" many things...  And you know what happens when you "assume".

Since long before the release, and ever since the announcement at NAB in April.... 3DR made it clear the gimbal was not going to ship with the first Solos.  

I PRE ordered the Solo May 1st, and 3DR made it exceedingly clear the gimbal was not coming with it.   They even gave a free battery as a "thank you" for the wait.

This is common knowledge, and "bending" history does no good...

Soo... lets test this....  Did you order your Solo knowing the gimbal was not coming with it?   Of COURSE you did (asssuming you ordered one) because that is the ONLY way TO order it...  Anybody not knowing the gimbal was delayed when they ordered, wasn't paying attention

PS: If you list anonymous posts from the Internet blogoshpere as "evidence" then clearly bigfoot is among us, I can be 20 again by taking a few pills, and I have a rich uncle in Nigeria.

Nuff said...

• @Erik dont get more direct from the source than that! Thanks for reaching out posting link n commenting Chris! Understood but just bummed i already paid for something i cant even really use
    • Right. And that would be the FIRST delay, not the 4th, and it's just a couple weeks.
    • If you are actually waiting for a full production unit - not their test run and/or anything else, you should ask the right question. The last target was not to begin production at the end of July, it was to deliver (at least ship - it only takes a day or two these days to receive) the gimbal....and, according to 3DR, they built in a buffer to allow for problems.

All I am saying is either ask the right questions - or make sure you don't have any shoots lined up. 3DR claimed 8 weeks behind on new gimbal orders and that was before this new delay. Things can change - but, again, if you want or need a gimbal by a certain date, ask the proper question (when are you going to get them - or when will 1,000's of them actually be in BestBuy hands)..

"End of July...the schedule has extra buffer time built in for any unknowns that may arise, so we’re feeling really good about making that delivery date."

• 3D Robotics

Production starts tomorrow. Official post here

• YahHoo....the wait I'm sure will be worth it!

Ray

• These one are available. The software has auto PID to avoid then very lengthy tuning process otherwise:

basecam 32 bit 3 axis Works great! (and doesn't break the bank!) 3 axis gimbal mechanical portion3702059768?profile=original 

BaseCam SimpleBGC 32-bit : BaseCam Electronics
This reply was deleted.