I purchased mine in April, I just heard they not shipping til mid August now, for the 4th delay ive been told, Im so diaapointed with the release so far , pretty worthless without it, they rushed this one , hope it at least works not happy about the solo software no mission planning , not the best experience so far, would like to know how gimbal is performing if anyone has one.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Why wouldn't you use Tower for Missions?

• @ Earl can you use your tablet for tower and get the live HD Feed? dont think so

• Well it's good you don't think so, but you can. I do quite often. Either use the HDMI out from the controller, OR just connect a second tablet to the Sololink wifi and use the Solo app for a live feed. Or just launch both apps on the same device and switch back and forth. In fact you can use the Solo app for stuff like smart shots while symulyaneously using Tower on another device. But this whole discussion of using Tower with the Solo is off topic and has already been discussed at great length on other posts on this site. Just search for Tower in the Solo Group.
  • Still waiting for mine anxiously. You're right Ian, trying to video from the frame mount is rather useless. The end result is an incredibly shaky and wobbly recording. Is anyone else experiencing this? The solo without a gimbal is equivalent to buying a new car with no seats. Guess we all have to sit on milk crates for few more weeks. :-/
    • Try balancing the props, and the motors if desired
  • I would think 3DR would release a statement if it was delayed again. Yes, it was said on another forum there was word it is being delayed again but there is nothing official on that.

Tower works very well with the Solo. I have used my Black Pearl monitor and the HDMI output on the controller for FPV while the Tower app runs the mission on my tablet. It's pretty nice.

• According to Paco (3dr rep) the gimbal is pushed back.

Of course, I don't personally know Paco and a 3DR rep could be mistaken, but this looks real:

http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/gimbal-order.772/#post-10803

paco.jpg

• You can connect your Solo to Mission Planner and/or Tower if you want to.  3DR announced this functionality a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7BWrIJvPcE

-Mike

• awh cool Thanks Mike, I figured it was coming, and Erik I was personally told begining of July,mid july , end of July and Now mid aug by 3dr customer service

• Personally told by who?

The company has had end of July on their website since they started shipping.

This reply was deleted.