I purchased mine in April, I just heard they not shipping til mid August now, for the 4th delay ive been told, Im so diaapointed with the release so far , pretty worthless without it, they rushed this one , hope it at least works not happy about the solo software no mission planning , not the best experience so far, would like to know how gimbal is performing if anyone has one.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's been confirmed from multiple sources that it's at least the 3rd week in August. Someone in the know put it this way "no quantities until Labor Day". 

These are not rumors. 

• Not trying to start a fight here, but you can't just say, "These are not rumors" and make it so.

You've got to produce at least 1 or 2 of those "multiple sources"
    • When it gets light during the day we know the sun is up.

Numerous people have words from 3DR customer service directly saying 3rd week of august or after. 

Since 3DR has misled and waiting until after the last minute for each one of these delays I have to wonder why you think their statements are the default proper ones? Doesn't the boy who cried wolf become suspect after a few times?

So, the 3DR customer service sources say at least 3rd week in Aug.

Another (better, IMHO) source says quantity after Labor Day.

Those two things are not exclusive to each other. I suspect even 3DR doesn't know when they are going to ship, so asking me to prove something is fruitless. 

Best guess is dribbles and betas over the next couple weeks and some insider and first customer models end Aug - and deliveries after Labor Day for more.

Of course, every person could be lying to me - making up fake chats with 3DR customer service or BSing that they are insiders, etc. - I didn't ask for proof of employment. 

• Direct from 3DR Robotics Twitter Feed:
      RE: Gimbals
      (you can guess as to the shipping times, how many are in these "earliest preorders", etc.).

the earliest preorders will be fulfilled third week of August.

Jul 24

Gimbals preordered from us today will ship in 6-8 wks...

3DR (@3DRobotics) | Twitter
      The latest Tweets from 3DR (@3DRobotics). 3DR makes Site Scan, the industry leading drone data platform for construction, engineering, and mining tea…
    • Just bought a Phantom 3 pro..It came with a gimble and a camera..just like DJI advertised. Had it here in less than a week from China!!! Just thought I would ribb you guys......its been a while!!!! Just ignore me!!!

• Amazing coincidence!!  

Just two short weeks ago, I sent my P3P to China, to get cracks in the back two legs repaired.  In just 6 short weeks, I will get it back with a brand new shell, that is exactly the same as the old shell that cracked after 30 arduos (and slow) video and photography flights.

If all goes well, I will get the unit back with a new shell (and likely no cumbersome explanation) and I won't get told it is my fault and won't get charged for the repair and the 8 week DJI boarding.

The fortunate part is that I will very likely have my Solo Gimbal by then, and I have been practicing Tower, and even setting up missions for shots, so I will be ready for some excellent work when it arrives.

The unfortunate part is that the design on the P3 hasn't changed, and so apparently i will go through this 8 week excercise every 30 flights or so, through warranty, and then hopefully I can buy the shells directly and replace them myself every 30 flights.

Possibly your P3P can say hi to mine in China...   How do you say hi in Chinese? :)

• Your loss...now you can fly and take pics and vids and can't hang out on forums trying to piece together why it lost GPS or how to put better antennas on it, etc. etc.......you will now have too much free time.

Expertise in hacking is one of the main benefits of Solo. A Solo owner will end up knowing much more about rssi than you. That's worth something, right?

[/sarcasm]

• Its not really the 4th delay.  You just perceive it that way because of all the reports out there.  But those reports are just the blogosphere echo chamber ramping up into full product anticipation speculation.  

All I've ever heard 3DR say is that they expect to start shipping the gimbals at the end of July.  Its that simple.  It hasn't changed since the NAB15 announcement.

This reply was deleted.