SoloLink wifi "not in range" on Android devices

I can successfully connect my brand-new Asus MemoPad and brand new Solo to SoloLink and run the Solo App or Tower, but once I'm disconnected and try to reconnect to the SoloLink wifi network, the network shows as "not in range" but it is only 10 feet from me, and my iPhone both sees the network and can connect to it w/o issue.

The only way I've been able to "fix" the connection is to "Forget it" and either manually add the SSID and pw or, if I'm lucky, it shows up again in a scan and I can provide the password and it works. But again, once disconnected from it, the SSID will again show "not in range" and it starts again.

Has anybody else seen this and/or have any fixes? I'm an IT Manager by trade and know all the basic troubleshooting stuff. This seems to be an issue on this Android device, as my iOS devices have no trouble seeing or connecting to SoloLink, ever, and my other home WiFi networks are seen and I can connect to them with the Android device with no issues at all.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Brit

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't really deal with consumer devices. The Solo is the first prosumer quad I've owned (all the rest were built from scratch), and so far the wifi stuff is my least favorite part of it.

• All I needed was a screen to run DP, err, Tower, and the Solo App. I normally buy higher end stuff, but I lost $4K in the theft of my higly-customized Discovery Pro/AMob/Pixhawk/Taranis/Telemetry/Nexus 7 setup. I saw no reason to spend much on a screen for those two apps, and I took a shot in the dark.

This reply was deleted.