Drones Imaging/Remote Sensory Capabilities

I have been investigating satellite imaging and remote sensory capabilites for several projects that I am about to be involved with that concern preventing the deforestation of our rainforests. While satellite capabilites would supply me with the "data" I would need to compute forest health, density, soil saturation and tree density and counts, etc, there are regions in  which satelites become impractical due to severe and, at times, continuous cloud cover. I am trying to find out whether drone technology has reached a point in its maturation process where it woudl be able to supply me with the same level of information. I am interested on hearing the groups opinions and recommendations in regard to this.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Charlie
    This is very much an area where UAS (drone) remote sensing can be of use. My company regularly provides forestry and agricultural remote sensing data with unmanned aircraft in colour or multispectral imagery and digital surface models. Some of our work is here - www.projectursula.com

Feel free to contact me via www.gubuagroup.com

Regards

Adrian Eves

This reply was deleted.