Exceeding waypoint limit with DJI A2

Does anyone know what happens if you upload a flight plan with over 50 waypoints to an A2 flight controller?

I want to send a S1000+ off and do a area scan with a very low tolerance to AGL variations. It means that almost all flight plans I do are over the 50 waypoint maximum.

I realise I can actually test this but would rather seek advice before sending $10,000 off and hoping it comes back :-)

Any help or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Rob.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Rob,
    in such case only first 50 waypoint will be loaded to A2. When your drone will reach last waypoint it will stop and hover. At this moment you can upload next batch of waypoints from your mission.
    From safety point of view I recommend you to set failsafe on RC loss to RTH and test that all will work with your particular setup on short distances in safe conditions when you can land straight down at any moment.

• That is great, thank you so much for that explanation.

I'll go have a play and adjust my flight plan accordingly.

Cheers.

• Rob,

A2 will not accept more than 50 waypoints.

There is a feature in UgCS which allows you to overcome this limitation by uploading partial route. It involves manual route upload in the middle of the mission. You should decide if that can work for you.

If calculated route contains more than 50 points UgCS will give a warning that only partial route is going to get uploaded.

Here are the steps:

1) Upload the route. It will upload 50 WPts (defined in vehicle profile).

2) Launch the vehicle via AUTO command. When the partial route is completed the vehicle will hover.

3) Enter manual mode (from RC transmitter) to allow uploading the next 50 WPts.

4) Find the 51st point in the calculated route in UgCS.

5) Mark it as as starting point via "Change start point" command in route menu.

6) Goto step (1) and repeat until all route is finished.

Please note that UgCS is able to utilize the camera trigger_by_distance feature which means that WPts are only at the ends of passes, not on each photo.

Hope this helps,

Janis Dzerve

This reply was deleted.