Replies

• Pablo, I've used Map Pilot a couple times, and when it works, it is great and very simple. I'm having inconsistent results with focus however. The two finger tap option they mention just doesn't work for me. It makes the preview screen disappear without setting the focus. I'll send you a direct message regarding your experiences with Map Pilot, rather than start a thread here on that app.

• Mark, if the terrain you are covering is kind of plain, I'd suggest you try map pilot app. Much easier to have everything on the tablet itself rather than a notebook, a router, a tablet and troubleshooting with connection issues. Not as powerfull as UGCS, but simpler for some projects.

• What is the latest news on focus control in the app? I am running the identical equipment as Pablo, and have found sometimes while launching DJI Go in order to set focus, (after a battery swap), that I can no longer resume the mission from the last waypoint.

I guess that makes this a two part request: focus control in the app and a more robust mission resume, even going so far as being able to resume a day or more later. There are times when the weather changes and you have to stop prior to completing a mission and return another day. Knowing I can easily and confidently resume the mission would be invaluable. What I don't want to do is fiddle with redrawing boundaries while in the field to exclude part of a mission that has already been covered.

Thanks,

Mark

• Thanks, will add to requirements.

• Understood. Please also consider to allow focus control of the lens in UGCS app, so there is no need to open DJI GO.

Many thanks!

• UgCS App and DJI GO cannot run together simultaneously. You have to completely exit (kill process) one before launching other. On some Android devices unfortunately even restart might be required.

As for camera horizon/zenith setup that needs to be done manually in DJI GO before flight. It's on our To-Do list for future updates.

• Janis, I have been testing the combo (tablet and laptop) on a place with wifi so they both connected well.

The isuue I'm getting is that I cannot connect to DJI GO in my andorid tablet after installing UGCS android app. While I can fly with UGCS app only, I cannot set the focus of the 25mm lens on the app, so I need DJI Go to do that before going back to UGCs. Which could be the issue?

Another question: The camera should be put looking at zenith manually or there is a command that do that automatically?

Inspire 1 pro + x5 + 25mm lens

Many thanks,

Pablo

Pablo Betancourt said:

Tks Janis! As a suggestion: It would be very helpfull for beginners like me to explain the items needed and the workflow to connect both things in the instructional videos. Also it should be better explained in the PDF manual about connecting DJI platforms. That wouldn't scare away any customer to pay for this great software, in my opinion.

All the best,

Pablo

Janis Kuze said:

Get some Wi-FI access point and connect both PC and Tablet to it. Even small travel ones will be ok.

Like this one, though have not tested particular one.Link

For our field tests we also use this approach by having separate router for all devices to connect.

• for 12k I expect the owner of the company and the developer to be making coffe for me while learning. Not a very fair comparison, at least in my case, becasue I have the ONE license which is only $65. On the other hand I have found UGCS support (both by email and here) to be pretty fast. Nor to say that UGCS is compatible with MANY UAVs, so in my case I have started using it with a s900+A2 and now I'm trying to do it with an inspire 1. To be up to date with each UAV, controller and firmware wouldn't be that easy for UGCs developers.

Mike Piantanida said:

I had a similar experience, which was the ultimate reason I chose not to buy ugcs, in favor of one of its competitors, even through the price was much higher. For software like this, especially if it will be used in a business environment, support and training is very important. At the moment, this is where ugcs really lags behind the others. The software is pretty good, and the price is excellent in comparison to the other options (I'm looking at you, $12K Site Scan), but the lack of clear, updated documentation and tutorials makes it too risky of a time investment for business users. Those of us who are just tinkering with this as a hobby or future revenue stream will have no issues investing the time in the steep learning curve and digging into the forums for help with software bugs and such.

• I am sorry for your bad experience. Thank you for your honest feedback and identification of issues we need to solve to improve the support process. 

• I had a similar experience, which was the ultimate reason I chose not to buy ugcs, in favor of one of its competitors, even through the price was much higher. For software like this, especially if it will be used in a business environment, support and training is very important. At the moment, this is where ugcs really lags behind the others. The software is pretty good, and the price is excellent in comparison to the other options (I'm looking at you, $12K Site Scan), but the lack of clear, updated documentation and tutorials makes it too risky of a time investment for business users. Those of us who are just tinkering with this as a hobby or future revenue stream will have no issues investing the time in the steep learning curve and digging into the forums for help with software bugs and such.

This reply was deleted.