Replies

• Hi Tom,

Please do understand that in place of <ip address of Solo> and <udp port on Solo> You need to place actual IP and Port that You use in MissionPlanner to connect to Your vehicle.

When editing the .conf file You can stop VSM Ardupilot in Service Manager when saving the file and start again after it has been saved.

Artūrs

• I tried adding these lines and still can't seem to connect. Then I tried editing the matching lines that were already in the .conf file with no luck. I'll try other settings, but in the mean time, once I edit the .conf file should I be running the vsm-ardupilot application in the bin folder before or after I launch UgCS application?

Janis Dzerve said:

Tom,

You can try to connect it via UDP over wifi and it should work, but it is not officially supported by UgCS.

Add these lines to the vsm-adrupilot.conf and restart the VSM:

vehicle.ardupilot.udp.1.udp_local_port = 14550
    vehicle.ardupilot.udp.1.udp_address = <ip address of Solo>
    vehicle.ardupilot.udp.1.udp_port = <udp port on Solo>

• Maybe you can get Solo running ardu/px4 firmware? Then it would work just fine with UgCS

• Thanks all.  Hopefully I can try this before the next round of rain.  My goal is to use the now almost disposable $300 Solo for R&D with UgCS before trying anything complicated with the expensive drones in the arsenal.

• Please not that is considered an experimental "hack". Use at your own risk. Check first with props off. 

• Tom,

You can try to connect it via UDP over wifi and it should work, but it is not officially supported by UgCS.

Add these lines to the vsm-adrupilot.conf and restart the VSM:

vehicle.ardupilot.udp.1.udp_local_port = 14550
    vehicle.ardupilot.udp.1.udp_address = <ip address of Solo>
    vehicle.ardupilot.udp.1.udp_port = <udp port on Solo>

• Hello Tom,

Unfortunately UgCS does not support 3DR Solo, since it was produced such a short time and did not gain any major popularity within users.

Artūrs

This reply was deleted.