Here a video of the maiden flight of my Quad Rotor Observer (QRO) v7 with a Wii Motion Plus and a "home made" KKmulticontroller type board.
Flight controller hardware:
- Home made KKmulticontroller board with an ATMEGA168 and based on the board of Rolf R Bakke
- Wii Motion Plus (genuine Nitendo version) with the IDG-600 and the XR3500 MEMS sensors
Flight controller firmware:
- XXcontroller_KR_v1_5b based on assembly code by Rolf R Bakke converted by Mike Barton modified by Minsoo Kim and Jean-Louis Naudin
- 4 brushless motors DualSky XM2822CA 1450KV 7A
- 4 ESC 12A XC1210-BA
- Lipo battery 3S (11.1V) Turnigy Nanotech 2200 mAh
- receiver Corona CR6D 2.4 Ghz
Here a video of my quadcopter at high speed forward flights and at high turns rate... The Quadcopter is now well tuned with the WMP sensors, it can be very stable during the hovering and also very agile. The flight is really fun...
The Full tutorial for hacking the WMP is at:
More infos at: