After years of development, I can finally announce the project I've been working on... the NanoQ Copter and Mimix Controller. It's a tilt-controlled, palm-sized, quad with multi-team aerial gaming. We've just launched it on Kickstarter, so checkout the video of it flying at http://KickstartMimix.com!
Now for some specs...
NanoQ Copter Specs
- Size - 5.25" from motor to motor
- Weight - 35 Grams
- Batteries - Single Cell Lithium Polymer
- Battery Charger - Dual Port, USB Compatible
- Flight Time - 8-10 mins
- Range - 30+ meters (RF digital comms)
- Max Payload - 10 grams (does effect flight time)
Mimix Controller Specs:
- Designed for Ease of Use, Ergonomics, and Aesthetics
- One Handed Control
- Works in both left and right hands
- Battery - USB Rechargable Lithium Polymer
- Operating time - 3-4 hours
I'm opening up both our RF Digital Communications Protocol, Onboard Serial Protocol, and the IR Gaming Protocol for people to make their own add-ons, modify the controls, and stream back telemetry. There will also a USB radio dongle so you can send and receive messages from your computer.
There's lots additional information on our webpage (http://KickstartMimix.com), so take a look. I'd be glad to answer any questions!